Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recent nice haul

Our local library was offloading some materials and I had a pretty decent CD haul:

TAMMY WYNETTE "Biggest Hits"
GNARLS BARKLEY "The Odd Couple"
PETER BJORN AND JOHN "Writer's Block"
R.E.M. "Around the Sun"
CLIFTON CHENIER "Zydeco Dynamite" (2CD Rhino anthology)
IRON AND WINE "The Shepherd's Dog"
ERASURE "Light at the End of the World"
SOUNDTRACK "Twilight"
MISSY ELLIOTT "So Addictive"
PAUL McCARTNEY "Memory Almost Full"
INTERPOL "Our Love to Admire"
R.E.M. "Accelerate"
FEIST "The Reminder"
HILLSONG LIVE "Faith Hope Love"
JASON FALKNER "Author Unknown"
DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE "Open Door EP"
JIMMY EAT WORLD "Chase This Light"
STACEY KENT "The Boy Next Door"
PRINCE "Around the World in a Day"
HARRY CHOATES "The Fiddle King of Cajun Swing"
FLOBOTS "Fight with Tools"
ELVIS COSTELLO "North"
PILLAR "For the Love of the Game"
POLYPHONIC SPREE "Together We're Heavy"
DEAD WEATHER "Horehound"
STROKES "First Impressions of Earth"

Thought I'd share

Re: Recent nice haul

I recently purchased KID A, A Ghost Is Born, The Reminder at a flea market for 50 cents each. I already own those albums, they'll make great gifts though.

I finally bought a copy of R.E.M.'s "Murmur" on vinyl. Normally when I listen to my music on vinyl comparing it to my MP3 version, I usually think that it sounds the same, or virtually no difference. I dunno if my MP3s are crap, but my vinyl copy (not even the 2008 re-issue) sounds amazing.

What a massive haul!

I'm interested to hear how you like Miss E... So Addictive and Around the World in a Day!

about 10 days ago there was a girl totally drunk at a party I was, so I took care of her and helped her reach a safe bed. Turns out she works for Universal music : she told me she would give me a few CDs, since I had been a gentleman.
Yesterday evening, I have left Universal Music HQ with about 50 CDs, including Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Exile on Main Street, Back to Black, the Suburbs, 22 Dreams... all that for free !
She also gave me a few DVDs (U2 live, Pulp live, Shine a Light...) and U2 goodies (gifts for my sister).
So well, be nice with drunk girls (even if they cause a couple of heart attacks).

Nassim
about 10 days ago there was a girl totally drunk at a party I was, so I took care of her and helped her reach a safe bed. Turns out she works for Universal music : she told me she would give me a few CDs, since I had been a gentleman.
Yesterday evening, I have left Universal Music HQ with about 50 CDs, including Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Exile on Main Street, Back to Black, the Suburbs, 22 Dreams... all that for free !
She also gave me a few DVDs (U2 live, Pulp live, Shine a Light...) and U2 goodies (gifts for my sister).
So well, be nice with drunk girls (even if they cause a couple of heart attacks).

Awesome!

Nassim

Superlike

Moonbeam
What a massive haul!

I'm interested to hear how you like Miss E... So Addictive and Around the World in a Day!

Still digesting all of them at this point. Neglected to mention all of that was for US$5.