Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TTLG List #0 - My 50 Most Favorite Songs of All Time

Yeah, I named it #0 because I wasn't supposed to post it, but someone was curiosed and I decided to do it (can't remember who, sorry xD)

WARNING

This list is my opinion, and my opinion only. There are alot of songs here which you'll disagree, but I like to piss off people with my tastes in music xD

You've been warned...

Anyway, here's the 50 songs which I adore the most. The songs that marked me forever. These gons changed my view of music, and changed who I am too. I absolutely love these songs, and I hope you enjoy reading it:

My 50 Most Favorite Songs of All Time:

1. “Always”, Bon Jovi (1994)
2. “November Rain”, Guns N’ Roses (1991)
3. “Stairway to Heaven”, Led Zeppelin (1971)
4. “Bridge Over Troubled Water”, Simon & Garfunkel (1970)
5. “Yesterday”, The Beatles (1965)
6. “Lose Yourself”, Eminem (2002)
7. “American Pie”, Don McLean (1971)
8. “Imagine”, John Lennon (1971)
9. “Billie Jean”, Michael Jackson (1982)
10. “Smells Like Teen Spirit”, Nirvana (1991)
11. “Your Song”, Elton John (1970)
12. “Livin’ on a Prayer”, Bon Jovi (1987)
13. “Whole Lotta Love”, Led Zeppelin (1969)
14. “Sweet Child O’ Mine”, Guns N’ Roses (1987)
15. “Bohemian Rhapsody”, Queen (1975)
16. “Born To Run”, Bruce Springsteen (1975)
17. “Shine On You Crazy Diamond”, Pink Floyd (1975)
18. “Without Me”, Eminem (2002)
19. “Hey Jude”, The Beatles (1968)
20. “Welcome to the Black Parade”, My Chemical Romance (2006)
21. “Dangerous”, Michael Jackson (1991)
22. “Paradise City”, Guns N’ Roses (1987)
23. “Hallelujah”, Jeff Buckley (1994)
24. “This Ain’t a Love Song”, Bon Jovi (1995)
25. “Paranoid Android”, Radiohead (1997)
26. “The Rain Song”, Led Zeppelin (1973)
27. “Stan”, Eminem (2000)
28. “In My Life”, The Beatles (1963)
29. “Heart of Gold”, Neil Young (1971)
30. “Thunder Road”, Bruce Springsteen (1975)
31. “Seven Nation Army”, The White Stripes (2003)
32. “Killing In The Name”, Rage Against The Machine (1992)
33. “Welcome To The Jungle”, Guns N’ Roses (1987)
34. “You Are Not Alone”, Michael Jackson (1995)
35. “All Apologies”, Nirvana (1993)
36. “Babe I’m Gonna Leave You”, Led Zeppelin (1968)
37. “Bed of Roses”, Bon Jovi (1992)
38. “Blowin’ In The Wind”, Bob Dylan (1962)
39. “Dear God”, Avenged Sevenfold (2007)
40. “Let it Be”, The Beatles (1970)
41. “When I’m Gone”, Eminem (2006)
42. “Rape Me”, Nirvana (1993)
43. “Patience”, Guns N’ Roses (1988)
44. “Heal the World”, Michael Jackson (1991)
45. “Fake Plastic Trees”, Radiohead (1992)
46. “Wanted Dead or Alive”, Bon Jovi (1988)
47. “I Want To Hold Your Hand”, The Beatles (1964)
48. “Wish You Were Here”, Pink Floyd (1975)
49. “Rockin’ In The Free World”, Neil Young (1989)
50. “Heartbreaker”, Led Zeppelin (1969)

There are 5 songs in the list from my 4 favorite artists (Bon Jovi, Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles) and it feels abused but those 15 songs really are some of my favorites ever.

The list doesn't have much variety when it comes to musical genres, but that's not who I am. I love lots of blues, soul, jazz, reggae and other kinds of music, just not as much as these. Sorry if the list feels "biased"...

I had mixed feelings with "Smells Like Teen Spirit". I wanted to push that song a little higher, but I adore the top 9 so much that I couldn't do it. But #10 is fine, I guess.

I don't care if you say "Welcome to the Black Parade" doesn't deserve to be put aside "Hey Jude" and "Born To Run", but that song was the only one I adored the time it came out. My TV was turned on MTV, in hopes that MCR came to rock my world. God, I fucking love that song!

I just don't get why RS dismissed "American Pie". Maybe it's because the song called Bob Dylan "Jester" and RS didn't like that...I don't know, I think the song should be somewhere on the list...

Well, hope you like it

Re: TTLG List #0 - My 50 Most Favorite Songs of All Time

TheTopListsGuy

gosh, i miss those days when the Sonofsamiams, Damo Suzukis, Tremolos, Vgrds, Stammers and Ed Ameseseses still ruled the AMF..

edit: no problem with you personally, TLG, but there's definitely waaaayyyy too much taste-o-pussyism on here these days..

Eh, there's a lot of songs I like and a lot I don't. But overall, I'm more happy that you made a list true to your own personal opinions, and didn't let anything else sway your rankings. So props to you, TTLG.

And I have to ask. What exactly is "taste-o-pussyism"?

MEGALOLZ!!!!!

nj is not one for melodramatic ballads. I agree with Nick though, a list with your own opinions is infinitely more useful than the other list you posted.

On a slightly related sidenote, what's with TheTopListsGuy as a nick?

Bon Jovi is one of the greatest bands of all time. It's about time they get some respect. I mean, I like all genres of music, but it's pretty clear that 80's hair-metal is objectively the best.

Edit: Taste-o-pussyism speaks for its self. nj should post every hour.

nj
TheTopListsGuy

gosh, i miss those days when the Sonofsamiams, Damo Suzukis, Tremolos, Vgrds, Stammers and Ed Ameseseses still ruled the AMF..

edit: no problem with you personally, TLG, but there's definitely waaaayyyy too much taste-o-pussyism on here these days..

My favorite song in number 14 on your list.
And to me, there is a fine line between a good ballad and a bad one.
By taste-o-pussyism, I'm hoping you mean songs that chicks cry to.
One more thing, I noticed you also have 4 Eminem songs on your list.

Yeah, I probably agree with this list less, but it seems to me like a more 'honest' list. You're going with what you personally enjoy, and not just the area of your taste you're more comfortable to admit.

I think taste-o-pussyism means 'Aesthetic conformity'. As in, 'I don't want you guys to know I like Bon Jovi better than the Beatles'.

Bon Jovi is my favorite band of all time, and overall artists too.

Anyone who says Bon Jovi is a bad band, clearly has absolutely no knowledge of music whatsoever...

nj
TheTopListsGuy

EDIT: Oh, and about that taste-o pussyism...not only was that one of the crappiest one-liners i've ever heard, and non-sensical by the way, those songs you quoted don't fit that category. "November Rain" is an actual true story, beautifully written by Axl and brilliantly guitar-played by Slash. "Always" is a love ballad...and apparently that's pussy...NONSENSE IS FUN xD

Nothing personal against you too nj, I just didn't get that xD

TheTopListsGuy
I don't care if you say "Welcome to the Black Parade" doesn't deserve to be put aside "Hey Jude" and "Born To Run", but that song was the only one I adored the time it came out. My TV was turned on MTV, in hopes that MCR came to rock my world. God, I fucking love that song!

Actually, "Welcome to the Black Parade" is one of my favorites on your list, and I like it much more than both "Hey Jude" and "Born to Run". That's just me, though!

nj
TheTopListsGuy

Yeah; I notice that. Wondered when someone was going to point it out or give cold shoulder. Eh, good while it lasted for you regs I guess.

Here's my top 10:
1- Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
2- Walk This Way - Aerosmtih
3- Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
4- Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
5- Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love - Van Halen
6- Bohemain Rhapsody - Queen
7- Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles
8- Hotel California - Eagles
9- (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones
10- (Sitin' On) The Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding

TheTopListsGuy

Anyone who says Bon Jovi is a bad band, clearly has absolutely no knowledge of music whatsoever...

A band with 2 ok albums and lots of bad one... might not be bad, but not better than average.
And you can consider that I have no knowledge of music, we would be even then.

The good thing is that before you arrived I thought Listyguy was annoying and now I find him rather interesting with a refreshing enthusiasm.

Confession: I find it difficult to make a top 50 or 100 list of my favorite songs. The number of possible candidates is just too large to wade through (which might seem unlikely if you’re 18, but is very possible by the time you’re 42. Ahem).

Also, I don’t maintain any kind of list of favorites. I wing it. Seems like the only honest way for me to do it.

That said, the last time I put together a “favorite songs” list was for the 2008 AM poll, and this thread inspired me to go back and see what I did:

1. R.E.M., “Fall on Me”
2. Bob Dylan, “Desolation Row”
3. The Clash, “Complete Control”
4. R.E.M., “Maps and Legends”
5. Billie Holiday, “Strange Fruit”
6. Blur, “Popscene”
7. OutKast, “Hey Ya!”
8. Pixies, “Monkey Gone to Heaven”
9. Little Richard, “Good Golly Miss Molly”
10. The Rolling Stones, “Gimme Shelter”
11. The Clash, “London Calling”
12. X, “Hungry Wolf”
13. The Beatles, “Revolution”
14. Talking Heads, “Life During Wartime”
15. Otis Redding, “Try a Little Tenderness”
16. Hüsker Dü, “Could You Be the One”
17. Lone Justice, “Ways to Be Wicked”
18. Oasis, “Live Forever”
19. Bo Diddley, “Who Do You Love”
20. The Beatles, “I Am the Walrus”

(Taste-o-pussyism, indeed…at least half of these songs rock pretty hard.)

That’s a decent list, and I’ll stand by it. There would certainly be some differences if I did it now—“Revolution” is definitely no longer top 20, and I’d replace “Hey Ya!” with “B.O.B.” I’d also try to find slots for:

Arcade Fire, “Rebellion (Lies)”
Pretenders, “Mystery Achievement”
Radiohead, “Reckoner”
Yeah Yeah Yeahs, “Maps”

Looking down the entire top 200 that I submitted to Moonbeam back then, I’ve got eight songs by R.E.M., six by the Beatles and five by the Clash (I would now have at least five or six Radiohead songs in there).

I’ve got one song by GnR (“You Could Be Mine,” #195).

No Led Zep, although that MIGHT change if I made the list again today.

No Bon Jovi, and that would not change. I like Slippery When Wet well enough, and I’ve been very surprised to find that Jon Bon Jovi is actually a pretty decent movie actor. But I always thought his stuff sounded like ersatz Springsteen. You know, if Springsteen’s rough edges were sanded off and the E Street Band lost most of its instruments.

OK, so I’m obsessing about the Bon Jovi thing…I looked up his AM entry, and he does in fact have the #5 song of 1986. “Livin’ on a Prayer” is only surpassed by songs from Run-D.M.C., Prince, the Smiths and Beastie Boys (and my own favorite song of all time is the #23 song of 1986).

That’s fairly impressive, and it got me to wondering who Bon Jovi’s peers are in this respect. So, here’s a list of the artists with the #5 AM song in every year from 1949-2007:

Gene Autry, Patti Page, Hank Williams, Little Walter, Webb Pierce, the Penguins, Muddy Waters, Elvis Presley, the Everly Brothers, Little Richard, Wilbert Harrison, the Everly Brothers again, Patsy Cline, the Miracles, the Crystals, the Temptations, the Miracles again, Percy Sledge, Jimi Hendrix, the Stones, David Bowie, James Taylor, Rod Stewart, Roxy Music, the Wailers, Sparks, Bob Dylan, Blue Öyster Cult, Talking Heads, the B-52’s, Michael Jackson, AC/DC, Grandmaster Flash, Michael Jackson again, U2, Springsteen, the Jesus and Mary Chain, Bon Jovi, R.E.M., N.W.A., Pixies, Madonna, Metallica, R.E.M. again, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, Manic Street Preachers, Cornershop, Lauryn Hill, Santana, the Hives, the Strokes, Johnny Cash, Kelis, the Libertines, Franz Ferdinand, TV on the Radio, M.I.A.

It’s respectable company.

(This is the kind of pointless but fun time-suck Henrik has made possible!)

TheTopListsGuy
and non-sensical by the way,

nj's posts typically laugh in the face of outmoded concepts like "sense"

Thank you for posting you list, and a belated welcome to the forum. You and listyguy have enlivened things with a very different perspective... and while it is a bit of a mixed bag for us vaguely indie-cred obsessed oldsters, it is good to have our own persepctives challenged. Accordingly, I will not take offense at your jibe against Bon Jovi haters (and I'm from Jersey!).

While I am not a fan of many of the songs on your list, I can respect your love for the power ballad. If I would fault your list in any respect, it's that there is a bit of samey-sameyness to it, with 56% coming from only six artists. I see some hints of eclecticism (not everyone would have so much Michael Jackson alongside Guns n Roses... and "Billie Jean" aside those were not necessarily his usual suspect songs), so I would encourage you to branch out. Five Eminem, but no other rap? Four MJ, but no soul/R&B? Keep reading these boards and study Henrik's main site, and I think you will discover some new stuff, and maybe some genres that you didn't think you would like.

I apologize if this sounds patronizing, because there is stuff you have there that I am not familiar with. In that vein, I will give "Welcome to the Black Parade" and "Dear God (not the XTC song, but the Avenged Sevenfold one)" a listen... forgive me if I refuse to give Bon Jovi another try, though.

schleuse
OK, so I’m obsessing about the Bon Jovi thing…I looked up his AM entry, and he does in fact have the #5 song of 1986. “Livin’ on a Prayer” is only surpassed by songs from Run-D.M.C., Prince, the Smiths and Beastie Boys (and my own favorite song of all time is the #23 song of 1986).

That’s fairly impressive, and it got me to wondering who Bon Jovi’s peers are in this respect. So, here’s a list of the artists with the #5 AM song in every year from 1949-2007:

Gene Autry, Patti Page, Hank Williams, Little Walter, Webb Pierce, the Penguins, Muddy Waters, Elvis Presley, the Everly Brothers, Little Richard, Wilbert Harrison, the Everly Brothers again, Patsy Cline, the Miracles, the Crystals, the Temptations, the Miracles again, Percy Sledge, Jimi Hendrix, the Stones, David Bowie, James Taylor, Rod Stewart, Roxy Music, the Wailers, Sparks, Bob Dylan, Blue Öyster Cult, Talking Heads, the B-52’s, Michael Jackson, AC/DC, Grandmaster Flash, Michael Jackson again, U2, Springsteen, the Jesus and Mary Chain, Bon Jovi, R.E.M., N.W.A., Pixies, Madonna, Metallica, R.E.M. again, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, Manic Street Preachers, Cornershop, Lauryn Hill, Santana, the Hives, the Strokes, Johnny Cash, Kelis, the Libertines, Franz Ferdinand, TV on the Radio, M.I.A.

It’s respectable company.

(This is the kind of pointless but fun time-suck
Henrik has made possible!)

That's a very interesting list...thanks for sharing!

Thanks for posting your list, TTLG. I like most of your top 20, though at this point I find Born to Run very tired (you probably will too, in 20 years). Not sure who you're aiming to piss off with your music...we're not your parents, even though some of us are old enough to be. :)

Nassim
TheTopListsGuy

A band with 2 ok albums and lots of bad one... might not be bad, but not better than average.
And you can consider that I have no knowledge of music, we would be even then.

The good thing is that before you arrived I thought Listyguy was annoying and now I find him rather interesting with a refreshing enthusiasm.

Ah, there's that cold shoulder.

Nassim

I'll take it as a comliment.

Oh, give the hipster neophytes a break. They're just a little eager to please. They'll learn the ropes.

But of course, you're all wrong. Clearly, it's me whose preferences are sole objective arbitrer of good taste.

BillAdama

But of course, you're all wrong. Clearly, it's me whose preferences are sole objective arbitrer of good taste.

ha! nice Mitchell Stirling rip off (and yet another bloke whom i'm somehow missing/while bootlegging "Fuck 'Crazy', fuck 'Crazy In Love', fuck 'Rehab', fuck 'Paper Planes' with 'Alwaaaaaayyyysss..'")

nj
BillAdama

ha! nice Mitchell Stirling rip off (and yet another bloke whom i'm somehow missing/while bootlegging "Fuck 'Crazy', fuck 'Crazy In Love', fuck 'Rehab', fuck 'Paper Planes' with 'Alwaaaaaayyyysss..'")

Don't mind nj, young Listies. Her idea of wit is an incisive comment, humorously phrased, wih impeccable timing. Just shoot Soft Bulletin to number 1 and she's a pussyo'cat. Btw, how does late September in Munich look for you, nj. You can bring whatshisface with the glasses.

ChrisF

Btw, how does late September in Munich look for you, nj. You can bring whatshisface with the glasses.

sure I do... hahaha... dananananah... CAP-TION!

lads & genies... please welcome the embodiment of all manginas...

ps: "Don't mind nj, young Listies. Her idea of wit is an incisive comment, humorously phrased, wih impeccable timing.."

umm, mind you, but Schwah's "nj's posts typically laugh in the face of outmoded concepts like 'sense'" is much more appropriate... zanxs..

nj
ps: "Don't mind nj, young Listies. Her idea of wit is an incisive comment, humorously phrased, wih impeccable timing.."

umm, mind you, but Schwah's "nj's posts typically laugh in the face of outmoded concepts like 'sense'" is much more appropriate... zanxs..

Agreed. And not ripped off The Simpsons.

ChrisF
nj

Agreed. And not ripped off The Simpsons.

and fortunately, nj didn't hit the "she's all that schlong" button... again..

"Taste-o-pussyism" is a great phrase. It's a concise way of addressing what has become the elephant in the room on this board over the past few months.

schleuse
Confession: I find it difficult to make a top 50 or 100 list of my favorite songs. The number of possible candidates is just too large to wade through (which might seem unlikely if you’re 18, but is very possible by the time you’re 42. Ahem).

Also, I don’t maintain any kind of list of favorites. I wing it. Seems like the only honest way for me to do it.

That said, the last time I put together a “favorite songs” list was for the 2008 AM poll, and this thread inspired me to go back and see what I did:

1. R.E.M., “Fall on Me”
2. Bob Dylan, “Desolation Row”
3. The Clash, “Complete Control”
4. R.E.M., “Maps and Legends”
5. Billie Holiday, “Strange Fruit”
6. Blur, “Popscene”
7. OutKast, “Hey Ya!”
8. Pixies, “Monkey Gone to Heaven”
9. Little Richard, “Good Golly Miss Molly”
10. The Rolling Stones, “Gimme Shelter”
11. The Clash, “London Calling”
12. X, “Hungry Wolf”
13. The Beatles, “Revolution”
14. Talking Heads, “Life During Wartime”
15. Otis Redding, “Try a Little Tenderness”
16. Hüsker Dü, “Could You Be the One”
17. Lone Justice, “Ways to Be Wicked”
18. Oasis, “Live Forever”
19. Bo Diddley, “Who Do You Love”
20. The Beatles, “I Am the Walrus”

(Taste-o-pussyism, indeed…at least half of these songs rock pretty hard.)

That’s a decent list, and I’ll stand by it. There would certainly be some differences if I did it now—“Revolution” is definitely no longer top 20, and I’d replace “Hey Ya!” with “B.O.B.” I’d also try to find slots for:

Arcade Fire, “Rebellion (Lies)”
Pretenders, “Mystery Achievement”
Radiohead, “Reckoner”
Yeah Yeah Yeahs, “Maps”

Looking down the entire top 200 that I submitted to Moonbeam back then, I’ve got eight songs by R.E.M., six by the Beatles and five by the Clash (I would now have at least five or six Radiohead songs in there).

I’ve got one song by GnR (“You Could Be Mine,” #195).

No Led Zep, although that MIGHT change if I made the list again today.

No Bon Jovi, and that would not change. I like Slippery When Wet well enough, and I’ve been very surprised to find that Jon Bon Jovi is actually a pretty decent movie actor. But I always thought his stuff sounded like ersatz Springsteen. You know, if Springsteen’s rough edges were sanded off and the E Street Band lost most of its instruments.

This was my list in 2010 -

1. Television Marquee Moon
2. The Jesus And Mary Chain Just Like Honey
3. The Beach Boys God Only Knows
4. Pavement Jackals, False Grails; The Lonesome Era
5. The Beatles Tomorrow Never Knows
6. Bob Dylan Desolation Row
7. Sonic Youth Teen Age Riot
8. Pixies No 13 Baby
9. Joy Division Decades
10. Pixies Debaser
11. The Wrens 13 Months In 6 Minutes
12. The National Mr. November
13. David Bowie Suffragette City
14. The Beatles A Day In The Life
15. Bob Dylan I Want You
16. The Velvet Underground & Nico Heroin
17. Outkast B.O.B
18. Radiohead You and Whose Army?
19. Pixies Hey
20. Sonic Youth Trilogy

Looking back at it, (only a couple of months ago!), I realise how crap it was. For example I remember thinking, "hang on there's no Radiohead in my top 20!" and then slapping You and Whose Army on at the end. In reality, no Radiohead song has really caught me. It was somewhat a mix of *my* favourite songs (The Wrens/The National) plus songs that I put it in because I felt that they should be there (A Day In The Life/Radiohead/God Only Knows would be a bit lower).

Apart from changing the order, additions would be Bruce's "The Promised Land", "Darkness On The Edge Of Town", The Clash's "Spanish Bombs", Stones' "Jigsaw Puzzle", Prince's "Slow Love", while putting "Like A Rolling Stone" back in my top 20. Decisions decisions...

Those 'Song Top ###' lists are all just snapshots of people's taste in music. A lot more so than albums and artists lists.

Whose Top Ten doesn't change every week? Or day probably...

Gillingham
Those 'Song Top ###' lists are all just snapshots of people's taste in music. A lot more so than albums and artists lists.

My top 10 has not changed much in a long while (6 months I would say), my top 50 not much either.
But if I make a longer list (even just top 100), everything below 50 changes very often indeed.

Nassim
Gillingham

My top 10 has not changed much in a long while (6 months I would say), my top 50 not much either.
But if I make a longer list (even just top 100), everything below 50 changes very often indeed.

Interesting.

Every time I hear one of my favorite songs, it tends to go down or up a few spots, depending on the experience. Also depends on my mood, the setting, etc.

Gillingham
Nassim
Gillingham

Interesting.

Every time I hear one of my favorite songs, it tends to go down or up a few spots, depending on the experience. Also depends on my mood, the setting, etc.

Well sure, what I mean is that my 10 favourite songs have been my 10 favourite for a long time even though the order between them might change.
That's the same for my top 50 (well, not exactly 50, more like 55 I would say).
So claiming "this song is my 24th favourite song of all time" is not relevant and can change everyday, but saying that it is one of my 50 favourite songs is a relatively lasting statement.

Gillingham

Mine top 10 stay pretty much constant (Since May), but my top 50, 100, 500, and so on change at least weekly.

Nassim
Gillingham
Nassim
Gillingham

Interesting.

Well sure, what I mean is that my 10 favourite songs have been my 10 favourite for a long time even though the order between them might change.
That's the same for my top 50 (well, not exactly 50, more like 55 I would say).
So claiming "this song is my 24th favourite song of all time" is not relevant and can change everyday, but saying that it is one of my 50 favourite songs is a relatively lasting statement.

Actually, that is almost exactly what I mean as well.

Listyguy
Gillingham

Mine top 10 stay pretty much constant (Since May), but my top 50, 100, 500, and so on change at least weekly.

Somehow I would have thought that of you already. Maybe because of all those list discussions on the board recently.

nj
ChrisF

Btw, how does late September in Munich look for you, nj. You can bring whatshisface with the glasses.

sure I do... hahaha... dananananah... CAP-TION!

lads & genies... please welcome the embodiment of all manginas...

Who is that?

When I make lists I try to think about my average over time. A continuous exposure rather than a snapshot.

I reorder my top songs list pretty often on iTunes. My top five has stayed the same since I made my list back in February, but there have been plenty of changes below. 5 of my top 50 are completely new to the list; others just moved up.

Old Top 50:

[01] The Kinks | Waterloo Sunset | 1967
[02] My Bloody Valentine | Soon | 1991
[03] Spiritualized | Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space | 1997
[04] The Beach Boys | Surf's Up | 1971
[05] King Crimson | Starless | 1974
[06] Pixies | Debaser | 1989
[07] The Velvet Underground | Sunday Morning | 1967
[08] The Verve | Bittersweet Symphony | 1997
[09] Joy Division | Love Will Tear Us Apart | 1980
[10] The Smiths | There Is A Light That Never Goes Out | 1986
[11] The Velvet Underground | Heroin | 1967
[12] The Kinks | Shangri-La | 1969
[13] Sonic Youth | Teen Age Riot | 1988
[14] Radiohead | Paranoid Android | 1997
[15] The Beach Boys | God Only Knows | 1966
[16] Bob Dylan | Tangled Up In Blue | 1975
[17] The Beta Band | Dry the Rain | 1998
[18] LCD Soundsystem | All My Friends | 2007
[19] Massive Attack | Unfinished Sympathy | 1991
[20] Big Star | September Gurls | 1974
[21] Public Enemy | Rebel Without A Pause | 1988
[22] Bob Dylan | It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) | 1965
[23] The Undertones | Teenage Kicks | 1978
[24] King Crimson | 21st Century Schizoid Man | 1969
[25] The Velvet Underground | I'm Waiting For The Man | 1967
[26] The Animals | House of the Rising Sun | 1964
[27] David Bowie | Five Years | 1972
[28] The Clash | Train In Vain | 1979
[29] Neutral Milk Hotel | Holland, 1945 | 1998
[30] The Jesus And Mary Chain | Just Like Honey | 1985
[31] Primal Scream | Movin' On Up | 1991
[32] TV On the Radio | Wolf Like Me | 2006
[33] Otis Redding | (Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay | 1968
[34] The Beach Boys | Don't Worry Baby | 1964
[35] David Bowie | Heroes | 1977
[36] Portishead | Glory Box | 1994
[37] Deep Purple | Child in Time | 1970
[38] The Clash | Death Or Glory | 1979
[39] N.W.A. | Straight Outta Compton | 1988
[40] Iron Maiden | Hallowed Be Thy Name | 1982
[41] The Kinks | Victoria | 1969
[42] The Zombies | This Will Be Our Year | 1968
[43] The Velvet Underground | Sweet Jane | 1970
[44] Bob Dylan | Like A Rolling Stone | 1965
[45] Yes | Close To The Edge | 1972
[46] Primal Scream | Loaded | 1991
[47] Talking Heads | Once in a Lifetime | 1980
[48] The Clash | London Calling | 1979
[49] Public Enemy | Black Steel In The Hour of Chaos | 1988
[50] Sam Cooke | A Change Is Gonna Come | 1964

New top 50:

[01] The Kinks | Waterloo Sunset
[02] My Bloody Valentine | Soon
[03] Spiritualized | Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space
[04] The Beach Boys | Surf's Up
[05] King Crimson | Starless
[06] The Undertones | Teenage Kicks
[07] Pixies | Debaser
[08] The Velvet Underground | Heroin
[09] The Verve | Bittersweet Symphony
[10] Big Star | September Gurls
[11] The Kinks | Shangri-La
[12] The Beta Band | Dry the Rain
[13] The Beach Boys | God Only Knows
[14] The Velvet Underground | Sunday Morning
[15] Joy Division | Love Will Tear Us Apart
[16] Sonic Youth | Teen Age Riot
[17] King Crimson | 21st Century Schizoid Man
[18] Brian Eno | King's Lead Hat
[19] Public Enemy | Rebel Without A Pause
[20] Yes | Close To The Edge
[21] Bob Dylan | Tangled Up In Blue
[22] Talking Heads | Once in a Lifetime
[23] Primal Scream | Movin' On Up
[24] The Smiths | There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
[25] Radiohead | Paranoid Android
[26] TV On the Radio | Wolf Like Me
[27] Portishead | The Rip
[28] John Coltrane | Pursuance/Psalm
[29] Massive Attack | Unfinished Sympathy
[30] The Clash | Train In Vain
[31] The Kinks | The Village Green Preservation Society
[32] The Velvet Underground | I'm Waiting For The Man
[33] Neutral Milk Hotel | Holland, 1945
[34] LCD Soundsystem | All My Friends
[35] Deep Purple | Child in Time
[36] Mercury Rev | Chasing a Bee
[37] Bob Dylan | Like A Rolling Stone
[38] Can | Halleluhwah
[39] John Coltrane | Acknowledgement
[40] Slint | Good Morning, Captain
[41] Charles Mingus | Modes D, E, And F - Trio and Group Dancers
[42] Bob Dylan | It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
[43] The Zombies | This Will Be Our Year
[44] Otis Redding | (Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay
[45] N.W.A. | Straight Outta Compton
[46] The Beatles | Tomorrow Never Knows
[47] The Kinks | Victoria
[48] Love | You Set the Scene
[49] Black Sabbath | Symptom Of The Universe
[50] The Jesus And Mary Chain | Just Like Honey

My taste doesn't change very quickly, but I do reward new favorites. This is also an average in time rather than a snapshot, as my favorite right now would probably be "Halleluwah" or "Teenage Kicks."

Jackson

[06] The Undertones | Teenage Kicks

whoop yeah... it looksounds like one of those "how more dated can it get?" sidescrollers of the Top Of The Pops obituary, but even nowadays i still spot younglings dancing to that gem...

almost

allllllwaaaaaaays..

aka: now THAT's what i call a teen list... or, "sorry for being a tast-o-nazi, but... ummm, germany, anyone??"

(oo/ps: sorry, should read "north dakota, anyone??".. it's cheaper... somehow)

Hey, I like that song xD

Maybe it's just me and my crazy crazy mind, but I think Bon Jovi is a "little" better than Lady Gaga...xD