Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
General Music Discussions

I recently realized that there is no place to just talk about music here, just a bunch of polls. So, I decided to change that. Feel free to talk about anything having to do with music.

I'll get the ball rolling:
Is Magical Mystery Tour a compliation?

Re: General Music Discussions

Depends what version you look at. The UK version with only six tracks was a soundtrack. The US version on the other hand that kind of tacked on a lot of singles might be considered one.

@nj: I picked up Song Cycle and The United States Of America based on your 'best albums' list, and they're both awesome. (Next time we do Moderate you have to vote in the qualifying rounds!)

I consider MMT a compilation. I enjoy listening to it very much, but clearly it's just some singles thrown together with some other tracks. Not really a unified and focused piece of work.

BillAdama: nj's lists are so great for recommendations. That's where I first heard about CanOx.

Yep, I've also been using nj's lists more than others. For most lists I just check out the top 5's or top 10's, but I've been going through nj's entire list. Lots to love and lots to hate, but it can't be denied that it's a great list.

Belle and Sebastian's "If You're Feeling Sinister" makes me feel young (even though i'm 17), makes me feel like a teenager. Is it only me or this is a worth discussion?

Stephan
Yep, I've also been using nj's lists more than others. For most lists I just check out the top 5's or top 10's, but I've been going through nj's entire list. Lots to love and lots to hate, but it can't be denied that it's a great list.

I love nj's list too, but Sonofsamiam's albums and songs lists have both really affected my taste over the past few months. In particular Os Mutantes, The Millennium, Brian Eno's Before and After Science, and Coltrane's Ascension have become recent favorites, in addition to loads of his song choices.

From sonofsamiam's list I've discovered Gene Clark's No Other and it made me relisten A Love Supreme and Endtroducing..., both of which are now in my top 250. I wasn't that impressed by Cluba da Esquina personally, but I'm going to give Os Mutantes a shot as well!

Jackson
I love nj's list too, but Sonofsamiam's albums and songs lists have both really affected my taste over the past few months.

pardon my notorious absences, but sonofsam and me actually work as a twinchise... he's serving his finest vins rouges and I am popping some jelly fizz on top of them..

hence spam alert: you can't go songwrong wiv us..

lots to love and lots to hate...

lol@your avatar, jade. Nice touch, but will anyone actually get the joke? Btw, are you in Cologne this weekend? Don't ask, I'm on trippin' mode.

I've never seen aby of your lists nj. Have you posted them on AM before?

Caribou
lol@your avatar, jade. Nice touch, but will anyone actually get the joke?

lolback@you, jubilee. didn't know that you're still reading AMF threads... considering the "joke".. you haven't read that many Harold Wexler posts recently, have you? mark murphy is bubbling effin hootttt in these spheres... no tuffees btw, but i'm still in jena... how about september then? miss you.. somehow. (plus) lab dich hieb

Listyguy
I've never seen any of your lists nj. Have you posted them on AM before?

unfortunately yes