Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Avi Buffalo

Anyone heard their album? I've just downloaded their single of the week 'Truth Sets In' off iTunes and it strikes me as the best song I've heard from a new artist (or an artist I hadn't come across before) this year. They're highly acclaimed according to Metacritic too.

Re: Avi Buffalo

Yeas, i've heard, don't know if i cited inside the Albums of 2010 topic, though. But it is pretty great, i liked it and it is a grower. It's one of those "small albums" i fear critics will forget by the end of a promising year full of big releases, like: The School's Loveless Unbeliever or Dum Dum Girls's I Will Be or Fang Island's self-titled or Anais Mitchell's Hadestown, this kind of stuff. I know i won't forgot them, great records from a great year.

Re: Avi Buffalo

Thanks HRS, on the basis of your verdict and the single 'What's in It For' I'm going to buy the album. I've heard a couple of songs off Fang Island too, and that sounds really good. I normally don't collect many contemporary releases unless they're from an artist I already know; in fact I only really started doing it last year with The xx and White Lies. So I probably won't splash out on too many relative unknowns this year, but Avi Buffalo will definitely be one.