Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy Birthday!

Today is Bono's birthday, so HAPPY BIRHTDAY BONO!!!!!!!

On a separate note, does Bono have AIDS? I've been seeing comercials that suggest he does.

Re: Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday Bono!

and no, he doesn't have AIDS.

Listyguy

On a separate note, does Bono have AIDS? I've been seeing comercials that suggest he does.

Um, I ask this in all seriousness: Why in thirteen blooming shades of hell would you ask a question like that? I assume you're referring to the (RED) campaign, but really: Why?

Again, I'm serious. If it was an attempt to be funny, it really wasn't. Not trying to start a big kerfuffle here, just curious...

there was a similar confusion back in the early '90s when Michael Stipe wore an AIDS hat.

bono does not have aids, although i bet he has aides.

don't see what was so wrong about asking...

Greg
there was a similar confusion back in the early '90s when Michael Stipe wore an AIDS hat.

bono does not have aids, although i bet he has aides.

don't see what was so wrong about asking...

It just seemed a little odd - almost like, because somebody is so involved with campaigning against AIDS it must mean they have it, or something.

Actually, with Stipe I do remember wondering about it - the shaved head, the generally near-emaciated look. I think everybody wondered. But it's hard to imagine anyone looking at Bono and thinking, "Hey, I think that guy's sick!"

Harold Wexler
Listyguy

Um, I ask this in all seriousness: Why in thirteen blooming shades of hell would you ask a question like that? I assume you're referring to the (RED) campaign, but really: Why?

Again, I'm serious. If it was an attempt to be funny, it really wasn't. Not trying to start a big kerfuffle here, just curious...

I was serious. I had seen the RED commercials, with him saying the pills to stay alive cost about 40 cents a day, and I was just wondering why HE was saying that.

Listyguy
Harold Wexler
Listyguy

I was serious. I had seen the RED commercials, with him saying the pills to stay alive cost about 40 cents a day, and I was just wondering why HE was saying that.

Because he is a saint who will single handedly save the planet.

Beans
Because he is a saint who will single handedly save the planet.

Is everyone familiar with that joke about the guy in heaven who thinks he sees Bono and says to one of his fellow souls, "When did Bono die?" The friend replies, "Oh, that's God - he just THINKS he's Bono."

Bono doesn't have any physical illnesses, only emotional ones.

Probably stemming from being, not the record holder, but the record, for the biggest...