Put a Pin on the Map View my Forum Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Acclaimed Music Top 3000: Would you rather have it all on vinyl or CD?

Just curious: if you could have every album on the list, but only in either CD format or vinyl, which one would you rather have them all in?

Personally, I'd go vinyl. I have a lot more CDs than vinyl, but I'm starting to realize that, at least to me, vinyl has a more intrinsic value. I could go on and on about vinyl versus CDs, but perhaps that's for another post: but my simple answer for the question would be on vinyl.

Re: Acclaimed Music Top 3000: Would you rather have it all on vinyl or CD?

Vinyl, so I can sell the ones i don't like for quite a lot of money (I'm looking at you, Queen!).

Answer: on my iPod.

Being able to take a couple thousand hours of music with me wherever I am whenever I want it outweighs any slight quality or warmth issues associated with either of the formats.

Well, not all of them are available on vinyl, but if they were, vinyl.

Vinyl here as well just because it's more of an experience and I've put some money into a nice setup. Mp3/FLAC has little to no value for me anymore now that I bought a 3G phone. At home I listen to records and CD's, on the road I listen to streaming music.

CD here. More compact and portable, and a hell of a lot easier to convert to mp3. In spite of John just said, I still listen to mp3s all the time, be it on my computer, my phone, or on my iPod. Never have gotten into streaming music.

cd - if I can't put it on an ipod,it has little value...

Vinyl by far. I'm planning on starting a vinyl collection once I have the means, and I'd rather own the songs digitally than on CDs, which I dislike and don't get much use out of. I think there are devices now to transfer songs from vinyl to CDs, right?

Vinyl, if all the albums come with codes to download the album in MP3/FLAC online.

Adding that to vinyl records will probably short out being the smartest thing independent record labels could do to have people buy vinyl products.

Jackson
Vinyl by far. I'm planning on starting a vinyl collection once I have the means, and I'd rather own the songs digitally than on CDs, which I dislike and don't get much use out of. I think there are devices now to transfer songs from vinyl to CDs, right?

They're called Vinyl Converters, my parents have one. (Saves a lot of money wasted on buying the song again.)
I also beleive that some come with software that removes the fuzzy sound.