Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tom Ze: Estudando O Samba

I was thumbing through the Brazilian section in a record store today and came across a used copy of BRAZIL CLASSICS VOL. 4: THE BEST OF TOM ZE (MASSIVE HITS), part of the series of CDs compiled by David Byrne for Luaka Bop in the late '80s and early '90s. I was curious to see if it contained any tracks from ESTUDANDO O SAMBA, the 1975 album that (as you may know) is currently the highest-ranked album on Acclaimed Music that I don't own on CD (it's #1638).

It has 9.

Needless to say, I purchased it on the spot. When I got home, I looked up the original album's track listing to find out how many more songs there were. The anthology has 9 out of 12 songs from ESTUDANDO O SAMBA.

I can't exactly say that I have the album now, but after listening to the CD I have placed it in the slot reserved for the original. Which it will occupy until such time as I do obtain said original. I am pleased.

Re: Tom Ze: Estudando O Samba

Try the website braziliancd.com, you can purchase a cd containing the album and another Ze album (correio est bras) for 17 dollars

Beans
Try the website braziliancd.com, you can purchase a cd containing the album and another Ze album (correio est bras) for 17 dollars

Thanks! I'd seen on Allmusic that that two-for-one CD existed, but there weren't any available on Amazon or eBay.

Incidentally, I briefly had a bid placed for SUN CITY on eBay last week, but it got too rich for my blood and I dropped out. I may be obsessed, but I'm not insane.

Or you can do what I've done and illegally download every album on Acclaimed Music. Took a chunk of time and effort (especially in ensuring correct file naming and original track listing), but the 3000 albums + rest of the 3000 songs fill a 160 GB iPod almost perfectly.

billiam johansen
Or you can do what I've done and illegally download every album on Acclaimed Music. Took a chunk of time and effort (especially in ensuring correct file naming and original track listing), but the 3000 albums + rest of the 3000 songs fill a 160 GB iPod almost perfectly.

God knows when you live in a small brazilian town like i do... this is the only way to get these albums! I have the Tom Ze, i downloaded via torrent. You might find the album in some brazilian online stores like: Americanas.com.br or Submarino.com.br or Fnac.com.br, these stores, but i don't know if they can send a copy to your place, i don't even know if they have this album, since it was originally released as a LP, so i'm thankful i have a digital copy of this album.