Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website Question - Regional Analyses

Hi there - first of all I'd like to say I love this site and really admire what Henrik and everybody is doing here. As a US based music lover, I was wondering if there were any excel files or any capability to view the top ranked albums for each year, based on US+Canada or US critics only. I'd really like this info to compare to other lists and understand which albums had the biggest impact on American crtics specifically. I would really appreciate any feedback or files if they are available. Thanks so much!

Re: Website Question - Regional Analyses

There is an old file made available by Henrik that might suit your purposes somewhat. It basically allows you to tell the script which albums you like and then comes up with recommendations. If you remove the non-American critics somehow, maybe it could work. I don't think Henrik ever made the complete Excel files available.

Anyway, you can find it here. Be aware though, that the file is about 43MB in size.

Thanks Stephan. From what I could make out, it looks like each critic is listed as a 1 or 0, so it'd be purely whether it was included on a list, and not taking into account any rankings...I must admit, I couldn't understand how to use the file completely. I appreciate the quick response though. Maybe Henrik or someone else would have some thoughts as well.

Chris, a couple of years ago I made 3 regional all-time top 200 albums lists based on critics from USA + Canada, UK + Ireland and the rest of the world. These lists have not been updated in the last site updates, but the lists are still on the web. You will find links to the lists at the bottom of the AM home page.

Except for 2007-2009, there aren't any regional analyses by year.

Thanks Henrik - The file that Stephan referenced above was helpful to look at what I'm interested in to at least some extent. Quick question for whomever might know - is there a similar such file for Songs?

Chris
Thanks Henrik - The file that Stephan referenced above was helpful to look at what I'm interested in to at least some extent. Quick question for whomever might know - is there a similar such file for Songs?
Sorry, no.