Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Melker has seen the light!

Two days ago, my daughter Hanna got a brother. He had a weight of 3650 g and a length of 49 cm. His name is Melker.

Relatively speaking, the birth was easy. Both the mother and the newborn child feel very well.

Hanna saw Melker for the first time today and she likes him a lot. I'm sure she will be a good big sister.

Re: Melker has seen the light!

Congratulations to you and your growing family, Henrik!

Under the circumstances, I'm amazed you've been doing any updating at all the last few days...

Congratulations Henrik, I see you have the musical instruments handy already.

Congratulations to you Henrik and your family.

congratulations to you 4 !

We've got the same family now, but yours are closer to each other in age.

And I guess on the second photo you had been playing too much Kraftwerk

I thought Henrik was a teenager. Congratulations! I wish all the joy and happiness to all of you. Does Hannah sleep listening to some particular band? I'm thinking of how it is to grow up listening to some critically acclaimed bands.

Congratulations Henrik !
With HRS here and Melker at home, looks like both of your families are increasing !

HRS
Does Hannah sleep listening to some particular band? I'm thinking of how it is to grow up listening to some critically acclaimed bands.
Hanna has a special interest in Elvis (Presley) since she got a book about him a long time ago ("point-book" as we call it in Swedish). Other than that, she has no particular favorites. Right now, she's more interested in singing children's songs herself. Itsy-bitsy spider, now that's a great song (no joke)!

Henrik
HRS
Does Hannah sleep listening to some particular band? I'm thinking of how it is to grow up listening to some critically acclaimed bands.
Hanna has a special interest in Elvis (Presley) since she got a book about him a long time ago ("point-book" as we call it in Swedish). Other than that, she has no particular favorites. Right now, she's more interested in singing children's songs herself. Itsy-bitsy spider, now that's a great song (no joke)!

That's cool!

Nassim
Congratulations Henrik !
With HRS here and Melker at home, looks like both of your families are increasing !

That's cool too

Although i know that having a kid is different of having another person frequenting the forum, that was cool.

Congratulations. My eldest daughter's name is Hannah, and she is a good big sister to her younger sisters aged 3 years and 9 months. Enjoy the sleepless nights for the next few months.

Congratulations to you and your family, Henrik! All the best for a happy and healthy 2010.

well, while spotting this thread, my first thoughts did roam around some "oh, great, now they use Henrik's profile for some pseudo-post-religious german handjob spam", but whoah... congrats, after all, i'm a sick, sick, twisted mind..

Congratulations!

Congrats, Henrik!
I didn't think Hanna was already this big. How time passes... I have a feeling that both will become huge Blur and Beatles fans, hahah!

Congrats!! I hope your two darlings get along as well my two have. My daughter is now 22 and my son will be 21 later this month. It may be a great stroke of luck to have the daughter first.

congrats, henrik! cool name for your kid.

Congratulations Henrik, good to see that the future of A.M. is well in hand! You must be a really happy daddy!

Congratulations, Henrik!!!
I’m really glad that the birth was easy, give a big kiss to Malin and the best regards from your Spanish friends. Mar and Miguel will be happy when I show them the Melker photos.
And now be careful with Hannah and the jealousy. Play with her even more than before. But maybe I should not talk about this, my daughter is 13 years old and she’s still jealous of her brother.

Gratulationer!

Congratulations Henrik.

Bravo Henrik !
She is choupinette !

Congratulations, Henrik & family!

Congrats, Henrik.

And Rocky... I didn't know you were a member of the three-daughters club like me.

Congratulations Henrik, and all the best for your family

Congrats...

to you and the wife. Best of luck with the newest addition to your family.

Re: Congrats...

Thanks everyone!

nicolas, here's an analysis of babies and Kraftwerk made by Swedish music critic Fredrik Strage. I have used Google translator from Swedish to English, with some corrections. However it was Google that suggested Garth Brooks instead of Swedish kid favorite Markoolio!!!

Original article: http://www.pastan.nu/bloggen/inlagg/fredriks-kronika-bebisar-har-koll.2462

One of my friends said for years that rock journalists are bad for two things: 1 How to stop smoking. 2 To have a child.

My friend, who probably wishes to remain anonymous but we can call him Andres, already in the nineties had the idea that serious writers should be surgical removal of their eggs or the vas deferens, as he put it, rock's sake. In this way we avoid having banal chronicles of day-care and more incisive analysis of dubstep and Afro-funk.

I was of course afraid that fatherhood would turn me into a freak but hoped to avoid it by never mentioning the stork's arrival. Now it has been three months and I can not keep quiet any longer. I must write about my daughter. The thing is: She loves Kraftwerk.

Children's questionable taste in music is well known the main concern for parents. It may be tempting to lock the babies in a closet with single editions of Mojo as the only company to avoid that they find Hannah Montana and Garth Brooks. Fortunately, I seem to not have to resort to such drastic methods. As soon as I stop Kraftwerk "The Man Machine" in the CD player is my daughter calm and happy.

Some nights are the minimalist pulsing bass lines in "The robot's" the only thing that makes her stop sobbing. She yawns and looks at me with big, deep blue eyes that says, "Wow, what is this?" "This is synth," I reply. "It comes from Germany." I swing her to the beat. She waves a bit with his hand as if to say: "The Alice Tegnér record that I got from Grandpa for Christmas is totally uninteresting compared with this music." After we had danced around for a while "Neon Lights" comes from the speakers and my daughter falls asleep in Christmas tree light.

Most parents who try to impose their musical tastes to their offspring probably imagine that their favorite band is perfect for children. But it appears to actually be something in Kraftwerk's tight, synthetic arrangements and crystal clear melodies that appeal to infants. Franz Schütte of the German electronica band Jeans Team told me once that his daughter usually sit in a swing and scream "Fahrrad" (cycle) until she hears "Tour de France". The Swedish producer Håkan Lidbo has also noticed the Düsseldorf-Quartet's effect on babies.

"Before you talked about the Mozart effect you, but it is no longer true", he e-mails. "My daughters love Kraftwerk and when the hilarious line 'immer Sekt, korrekt' comes in 'Das Model' they sing in unison. I think Kraftwerk make the perfect music that will be an inspiration or a key to how we can live our full potential."

Remarkably, Hakan Lidbo's children seem to prefer the German version of "The Model" - which of course is more synth than the English. After listening through the whole Kraftwerk production with my daughter, I noticed that she disapproves of their early discs ("Autobahn" included), which includes guitars and violins. She does not appreciate the remixes in house tempo, the collection "The Mix" from 1991. This seemingly congenital syntpuritanism dismisses the myth of the baby's poor taste in music. Babies are aware. There is probably no coincidence that the heaviest synth genre, body, has the same name as their favorite garments.

Schwah
Congrats, Henrik.

And Rocky... I didn't know you were a member of the three-daughters club like me.

Yep, it's a very happy club to be in.