Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy New Decade!!!

Since the EOD lists have gathered most discussions over the last two months, I thought this was a fitting thread title. Now we're moving on to the unknown '10s, which will surely bring lots of more great music. Hopefully AM will be there along the way to sum it up. My time will be very limited with our second baby being born any day now, but with all the fantastic help I've got with the spreadsheets during the last months I think a continuation is possible.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this cozy forum during the '00s. It has been a wonderful journey for me!

Re: Happy New Decade!!!

Happy new year henrik and to all other AMer's. If the hard work and dedication shown by so many over the last few months is anything to go by, then I think everything will be just fine.

Alright! Here in Rio De Janeiro the new year hasn't started yet (22:20 at the time of writing), but participating on this forum since the beginning of this/last year was a f@#?* pleasure! On to the next decade.
Best wishes to all of you!

Happy New Year to all! Here's hoping 2010 is as much fun on the AM Forum and 2009 was.

Happy new decade, hope the 10s brings us many good music too and of course AM will be there as a map for this (asphalt) jungle. The atomization of pop music brought by the Internet and the lack of a decade key band during the 00s (no, there was no Elvis, Beatles, Bowie, Prince or Nirvana, maybe Radiohead?) make this kind of web sites more important than ever.
In fact the main music discovery of the past decade was Acclaimed Music. It was a pleasure and an honour for me having participated in this wonderful music forum (the best of them all, no doubt) and being able to know (even virtually) many great people for around the world. My best wishes for all of you for the upcoming decade.

And tomorrow… the beginning of the 50s and 60s poll

Happy new decade to everyone!

I spent a (un)healthy portion of 2009 on this forum board. Because of the many great members and discussions that take place here, listening to music albums become my primary hobby.

I hope 2010 will usher in another decade of great music, and that I'll be able to discuss it with the participants of this forum. Thank you everyone for your many contributions.

Happy new year as well as happy new decade to all of you. May the '10s bring even more great music.

Happy 2010 to everyone!

This is, in truth, the first forum I've become a regular reader/poster on. When I started looking for other places to discuss music and other things on the net, I was genuinely surprised that the people were not as nice/friendly/welcoming/intelligent as the people on AMF. It's been great so far everybody, let's have another great year of music!

Happy new year (and decade), everybody, and Henrik and his helpers especially.

Happy new year and decade to everybody. Any new year's resolutions? Mine are being better with money, getting in shape for the "bikini season", getting to job in time, and generally being a better person.

It's been a pleasure participating of this forum for the last 2 years (thank's Henrik and your '90s poll). As everybody's already said, where else on the net can you find a place with such a friendly and smart group to discuss our favorite hobby, while always keeping a regular group of participants?
I wish much joy, success, peace, and, mainly, happiness for everyone this year to come!

Great site, great forum. Even when people have strong disagreements the arguments rarely get personal, which is rare to find on the internet.

Henrik, I don't have much time to work through spreadsheets but if there's any way I could write code to help sift through them, I'm willing to do that.

May God Bless you all in 2010 with many victories and continued health, happiness and love. I'll have to echo the sentiments already express here about how wonderful this place is. Thank you all for making AM what it is!

Happy new year and decade to everyone. I found out about this website a few years ago, but 3 months ago i started posting on the forum. You guys are, musically, the friends i don't have here in my small town in Brazil. You guys know about every band i know and the ones i don't. I can't believe i finally found people who love music as much as I do. I tried Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, Allmusic, But nothing compares to this or to you guys (Hell yeah i'm citing Sinead). I just hope this year to be even better than the last one. New decade, new music! Wow, i'm just excited about all this. Everybody over here is respectful, they all use arguments, not personal attacks, this is the best forum ever!! I just like here. So happy new year, new decade and all the other stop. Success for everyone. I'm really excited about this new decade, thinking about which album will be 2010's definitive masterpiece: Vampire Weekend's, Joanna Newsom's, Sade's ? Who Knows ? I can't hardly wait (Hell yeah i'm citing Polly harvey)

What's your "small town", HRS? I live in Goiânia...

Happy new year to you all

Toni
What's your "small town", HRS? I live in Goiânia...

Full of brazilians over here! That's awesome. Well i live in the smallest state of the country, so my town would be small anyway. This year i'm moving to Aracaju, a bigger city, but anyway small compared to the others. I'm from there, but my family got transferred to Itabaiana 2 years ago. It's a small provincial town, but i do everything in Aracaju: school, fun, all the other stuff is there. But where i sleep and live is Itabaiana, until april when we'll finally live in the place we do everything: Aracaju, which is is not a world's centers of business, international trade, entertainment, culture, media, fashion, science, technology, and education, but at least is bigger and has bigger buildings, malls and a beach: i'm happy with that!

Hey, so that's quite good, if at least for the beach! And it surely is near Maceió, Recife and other places everybody wants to go in vacations. I've never gone to the Northeast, but I used to imagine Aracaju was quite a medium-size city...
Boy, do you have msn? So we could talk in Portuguese,