Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spin Top 40 albums 2009

Up at spin.com now

Re: Spin Top 40 albums 2009

KISS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

So other than that incredibly odd Kiss choice and the exclusion of The XX, I think the list, was really good. Love their T5, although the low position of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II surprised me.

Pretty good list. It's great to see someone put Mos Def higher than Raekwon. It's a bit pop oriented and I seriously question why so many publications rank It's Blitz so highly (Maybe because YYYs are on the shortlist of 'indie acts our readers have heard of'), but that's to be expected from Spin.

BillAdama
Maybe because YYYs are on the shortlist of 'indie acts our readers have heard of'

wait.. those readers who otherwise keep blanking lines like "if you don't find the lifestyle of selling drugs and battling with cops and other gangsters while throwing money around and having meaningless sex at will really, really awesome, there's no ground for you to connect with it" onto their daily catfood can?? well, big. holy. shame on them...

edit: i just wonder (js-wise).. weren't the yyys just like pretty cardboards cut-outs for mags like spin and its readership from their very first day on? simply confused.. no big deal though