Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brad Paisley

There hasn’t been a country music related article lately that doesn’t mention Brad Paisley.

Not long ago he co-hosted the 43rd Country Music Association Awards show with Carrie Underwood. November 11 was the biggest night for country music lovers and put almost 17 million people in front of their TVs watching the broadcast of the show.

Paisley will share one stage with Underwood soon again. He will be a part of her up-coming show Carrie Underwood: An All-Star Holiday Special. The show will gather some of the most famous names in show business such as Dolly Parton, David Cook, Kristen Chenoweth, and Christina Applegate. Fox will air the special December 7.

Paisley was ahead of all musicians on the CMA show receiving seven nominations during the evening. He won two awards. But Brad may have had a hard time swallowing the devastating victory of 19-year old country singer Taylor Swift who took the title Entertainer of the Year under the nose not only of him but also of musicians such as Kenny Chesney, George Strait and Keith Urban.

Nevertheless, Brad can be proud of his new title as Male Vocalist of the Year. He claimed the award for a third consecutive time. Paisley competed with Kenny Chesney, Darius Rucker, George Strait and Keith Urban for the Male Vocalist of the Year honor.

Right now you can enjoy Brad Paisley's American Saturday Night tour. Check the schedule of Brad Paisley concerts and if you find a concert that’s not already sold out, don’t hesitate – grab your tickets for the live performance of one of the hottest country artists.

If you don’t succeed with finding Brad Paisley’s concert tickets , search online his award-winning video "Waitin' on a Woman."

There is no doubt Brad Paisley is on a winning row. He’s won both Country Music Association and Academy of Country Music male vocalist of the year awards for three years in a row, including this year. And that’s not something many artists can boast with.

We’ll be eager to see what comes next from one of the greatest names in country music right now.

Re: Brad Paisley

Shit sandwich.

I've seen Bear Grylls eat one of those.

EdAmes
Shit sandwich.

What galls me most is the idea that he represents country music. I genuinely enjoy good traditional country music and hate for him to be the standard bearer.

Greg Rumpff
EdAmes
Shit sandwich.

What galls me most is the idea that he represents country music. I genuinely enjoy good traditional country music and hate for him to be the standard bearer.

Me too! Country music these days is not the same. Of course there's the exceptions. I love Miranda Lambert, too bad she's largely ignored by country radio. Also for the best female country singer/songwriter of the decade is Neko Case, i just love that girl, she just get what country music is, like the Slant review of "Fox Confessor Brings The Flood" said:

"The popular read on Neko Case is that she's an artist born a lifetime too late to have taken her rightful place in the pantheon of country music's greatest women—that "Neko" would hold up alongside "Patsy," "Tammy," and "Loretta." Case's first few albums, without a doubt, deserve such high praise and support that line of revisionist history. What continues to impress about Furnace Room Lullaby and Blacklisted (and The Virginian and 2004's live disc The Tigers Have Spoken, to slightly lesser degrees) is Case's refusal to shy away from the darkest corners of the genre's past as she uses the hallmarks of classic country songwriting—the "make your point and get the hell out" brevity of songs, the economy of the language, the occasional foray into minor key arrangements—to articulate a wholly modern perspective on matters of love and loss that have, by now, become archetypes.

It isn't just that those albums prove that Case gets the genre better than just about anyone claiming to record either mainstream or "alt" country music today, it's that she does something legitimately interesting and progressive with that knowledge. That she's possessed of a voice that melds Patsy's unerring control and sense of pitch with Loretta's fire and Emmylou's otherwise peerless phrasing is, in a way, incidental to what she does with that voice, despite the fact that so much of what's written about Case focuses disproportionately on her vocals."

For me this part of the review is awesome, he's so right about her. She's going to ended up like Lucinda Williams, winning critic's heart and doing great music for decades. This is more important than any CMA, or ACM to me.

I like country music (the real kind, not Brad Paisley) and I like Neko Case, but I wouldn't call her last three albums country in any way.

Paul
I like country music (the real kind, not Brad Paisley) and I like Neko Case, but I wouldn't call her last three albums country in any way.

OK She's not 100% pure country, people say that she is alt country, and maybe she fits that genre very well. I just know that like Lucinda, i don't know if Neko is country, americana, alternative or even folk. I just know that she has her own sound, the "Neko sound", maybe because she mixes many of these styles like no other and sometimes in the same song. I don't know what she is, but i guess i will keep calling her country (since so many people do the same), or maybe alt country or indie country-rock. I don't know maybe i should keep the "Neko sound" without a genre. So if Neko is not country, i guess Miranda Lambert is my favorite now.

Paul
I like Neko Case, but I wouldn't call her last three albums country in any way.

that's why i consider I Am Shelby Lynne as one of the best female Soul albums ever... weird, weird world... nah, not so much

HRS
Paul

OK She's not 100% pure country, people say that she is alt country, and maybe she fits that genre very well. I just know that like Lucinda, i don't know if Neko is country, americana, alternative or even folk. I just know that she has her own sound, the "Neko sound", maybe because she mixes many of these styles like no other and sometimes in the same song. I don't know what she is, but i guess i will keep calling her country (since so many people do the same), or maybe alt country or indie country-rock. I don't know maybe i should keep the "Neko sound" without a genre. So if Neko is not country, i guess Miranda Lambert is my favorite now.

I've not heard Miranda Lambert, but I think critics were too quick to give Gretchen Wilson credit just because she had a big ass and lacked Shania Twain/Faith Hill looks even though her songs played to the same lowest common denominator cliches as most country music. Is she a Gretchen Wilson type? I would say Lucinda Williams is who comes to mind when I think of good country, but when country is really good I think maybe it's called folk (Townes Van Zandt or John Prine or alt country (Neko Case or Steve Earle)?

Why is it always crappy artists that are the fodder for spam here?

Moonbeam

I missed the Janet Jackson spam. Just kidding Moonbeam. Oh, I think I miswrote about Gretchen Wilson having a big ass. Looks like she was pretty shapely.

I'm definitely not a big country fan, but Brad Paisley isn't bad. He certainly has a more mainstream country sound, but is much better than a majority of that stuff.

Miranda Lambert is certainly more like Lucinda Williams than Gretchen Wilson. Think of her as a younger, more country-ish version of Williams. I don't think she's as good, but my favorite country albums this decade have all come from women: Williams, Lambert and Loretta Lynn.

Just looked up Paisley on metacritic. His new album gets an 86 rating. That's the fifth highest this year. I personally don't agree with that, but there you have it.

Rocky Raccoon
I'm definitely not a big country fan, but Brad Paisley isn't bad. He certainly has a more mainstream country sound, but is much better than a majority of that stuff.

Miranda Lambert is certainly more like Lucinda Williams than Gretchen Wilson. Think of her as a younger, more country-ish version of Williams. I don't think she's as good, but my favorite country albums this decade have all come from women: Williams, Lambert and Loretta Lynn.

I agree that Brad Paisley is one of the less offensive country artists. My sister (who has pretty good taste in music) says he's her guilty pleasure.

ChrisF
Moonbeam

I missed the Janet Jackson spam. Just kidding Moonbeam. Oh, I think I miswrote about Gretchen Wilson having a big ass. Looks like she was pretty shapely.

Hey, I'm no spammer! I contribute!

Or something...

(hums "Better Days" to himself)

ChrisF
Moonbeam

Maybe you were thinking of Paula Dean?

brad PAISLEY. the guy's clearly a fairy...

i like the title track, but the rest of the album...blows

...don't mess with the daughter of moonenbeamstein, kid...

Moonbeam
ChrisF
Moonbeam

Hey, I'm no spammer! I contribute!

I wasn't referring to your post. Just taking a jab at Janet as a crappy artist. But I was just kidding.

Or something...

(hums "Better Days" to himself)
I wasn't referring to your post. Just taking a jab at Janet as a crappy artist. But I was just kidding.