Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The most obscure album you own?

I was looking through the dusty vaults of my cd collection the other day, and came upon this rare gem of a cd. Kool Kat - Swing It i Dalom.

It's an album by Les Hemstock, the guy behind Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers, only in Norwegian, with the worst of Norwegian music mixed together. It's an absolute stinker, and I doubt very many people own that record.

Re: The most obscure album you own?

I have a fair supply of Israeli CD's, and a few Palestinian, Syrian and Egyptian ones too, that would seem obscure to many.

But I guess the main contender is a 1974 LP of Hare Krishna chants. A friend of many had it pressed upon him by an orange-clad gentleman in the streets of Aarhus, Denmark, and desperately wanted to get rid of it again, so gave it to me. I actually sort of like it.

Before my dad gave them to the Library of Congress, he had one-of-a-kind recordings from Leonard Bernstein.

Although I'm not sure about its rarity, he also has a copy of the first 33 LP released by Colombia.

Jeffrey Stendahl - Free Kittens For The Fallen

Happens to be my brother.

It's an EP, but it's definitely Step on the Beast by Eurythmics. It was issued as a cassette with the "Right By Your Side" single back in 1983, and it fetches a lot on ebay. I shelled out $150 for my copy, and I adore it, as it showcases their more experimental side.

As one RYM reviewer wrote, "I'd kill a small child to own this". I think that says it all!

An LP version of Sigur Rós's Von Brigði (4 tracks only). Only 100 copies were issued on green-colored vinyl.

I bought this particular copy "on sale" in Iceland over ten years ago (before Ágætis byrjun was released) for 799 kr. (which is something like 6$).

Heard a copy of it was sold on eBay recently for over 800$

Two Syllables, Sounds Like: Sicko Fancy