Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New proposal for 00's movie poll

Since it seems unreasonable to expect people to keep up with the viewing for a bracket-oriented contest, how about we just use the same format we've been using for the decade polls in music? In one month, vote on top ten 2000 movies, next month 2001, etc, then have everyone vote on the top 100.

Except, I want to add one wrinkle to that. Since in this site, an english language movie has a big advantage as far as audience size, maybe we could split it into separate polls for english language movies and foreign language movies, then have a 'Superbowl' at the end.

Re: New proposal for 00's movie poll

BillAdama
Since it seems unreasonable to expect people to keep up with the viewing for a bracket-oriented contest, how about we just use the same format we've been using for the decade polls in music? In one month, vote on top ten 2000 movies, next month 2001, etc, then have everyone vote on the top 100.

Except, I want to add one wrinkle to that. Since in this site, an english language movie has a big advantage as far as audience size, maybe we could split it into separate polls for english language movies and foreign language movies, then have a 'Superbowl' at the end.

Sounds great. Top 10 (10+10) of English and non-english movies per year per voter counts (and 5+5 goes to final). I'm ready to do this right now but maybe we can wait until 2011 when we have 00's polls.