Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Something off about the 2000's spread sheet

So I was checking two of my favorite songs "Umbrella" by Rihanna and "Toxic" by Britney.

I noticed on the "best songs of all-time list"

Toxic is ranked HIGHER than Umbrella, but in the "best songs of the 00's" Umbrella is ranked higher.

Also when I visited the pages of each.

It says that toxic is ranked #4 songs on the decade (contrary to what the spreadsheet says)

so, umm is the spreadsheet not updated fully yet?

Re: Something off about the 2000's spread sheet

The spreadsheet is ONLY for tabulating the end-of-the-decade "Best Songs of the '00s" lists that are starting to emerge. So, obviously the rankings on the spreadsheet are going to be different from the list of songs from the decade that are already on the AM 3000. The EOD spreadsheet is a totally separate entity, the results of which won't be integrated into the overall database until sometime next year.

I figure rather than start a new thread, I'd address this here; how much will the EOD lists effect the albums?

For example, Franz Ferdinand was the #3 album of the decade so far, but currently only holds a score of (I believe) 53 on the end of decade lists. How much will Franz go down if that trend continues to hold?

Jonathon
I figure rather than start a new thread, I'd address this here; how much will the EOD lists effect the albums?

For example, Franz Ferdinand was the #3 album of the decade so far, but currently only holds a score of (I believe) 53 on the end of decade lists. How much will Franz go down if that trend continues to hold?
That's impossible to say. It depends on the number of EOD lists.