Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Top albums of the '00s spreadsheet

I have started on a spreadsheet for all the decade critics' polls to be included (so far Gigwise, Uncut and Pitchfork are the ones that I'm aware of).

******* Once again, I need your help *******

In the beginning of January, my wife and I will have our second baby, so 2010 will probably not be a very AM-active year for me. However, I really want to continue with the site and if there are four volunteers to take responsibility for one spreadsheet each (of course the work can also be shared by several), it will be significantly easier for me to make a new site update afterwards.

The four spreadsheets are
* End of decade (albums)
* End of decade (songs)
* End of 2009 (albums)
* End of 2009 (songs)

First of all, the full lists of albums from Gigwise, Uncut and Pitchfork need to be added (right now, only the AM-albums are included). As soon as this has been done, I will post the spreadsheet on the main AM page.

Secondly, Pitchfork's top 500 tracks of the decade could be added as a start of the decade-songs spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance!

PS. There might be a site update in November. But no promise...

Re: Top albums of the '00s spreadsheet

First off, congratulations, Henrik! And yes, I imagine 2010 will be somewhat busy for you...

I'd be more than happy to take charge of the end-of-decade album spreadsheet. I'll try to have those three complete lists added by the middle of the week.

If we get an update, will it include anything more than the Best of 08 lists?

A lot more!

once i finish the AMG links, i'll be glad to help out. i'm just over 3/4 through by the way. if i put my mind to it, i should be able to finish it this week.

oh, and congratulations, of course :)

Oh, and THANKS Harold!

Henrik
A lot more!

Awesome!

Are you keeping up with the Pause and Play "Album/Song of the Week Vault of Fame"?

http://www.pauseandplay.com/vault.htm

Grattis Henrik , and I can take the 2009 songs spreadsheet. The pleasure, the privilege is mine.

Stort tack, Alex!

(Are you Swedish?)

VanillaFire1000
Are you keeping up with the Pause and Play "Album/Song of the Week Vault of Fame"?

http://www.pauseandplay.com/vault.htm
Uh, one of the things left to do...

Henrik you forgot to include Brand New - The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me in your spreadsheet. It was #47 on the Gigwise list.

I would like to do the songs of the decade spreadsheet.

Thanks, Chris!

I have only included the albums at Acclaimed Music in the spreadsheet. Harold will do the rest.

Congratulations on your growing family, Henrik! I wish you all the best and that God may bless your new addition.

I'd offer to help here, but I will be quite busy over the next several months. I may be able to help put a few lists into Excel format, etc., but I don't anticipate having the time to collate everything for one of these.

congratulations, Henrik ! welcome to the club of the fathers of several children (the only ones to post at 7:00 on a saturday morning)

I can't really offer to help right now, because I have this poll to run, and after that I'l be more busy with my job so I'll let you know if I can help.

Henrik
(Are you Swedish?)

Not quite, but I lived there for most of last year, so I've picked up a fair bit of Swedish. (Which, for the most part, is completely useless outside Sweden, except to translate what "smörgåsbord" means).

Henrik, congratulations to you and your wife on your up-coming new arrival.

I had planned to continue on with the albums outside the top 3000 spreadsheet if that was ok with you, but if you'd like me to work on something else for you then that would be no problem.

Thanks Beans!

This is most important, but the albums outside the top 3000 spreadsheet are important too, so let's wait and see if someone else is interested in the EOY/EOD sheets.

Ok thanks Henrik, if nobody else is interested I'll happily step into the void. Otherwise I,ll keep on with my previous work, I dont think there is anyone else working on that particular spreadsheet apart from Pop Elton. I,ve no problem continuing to chip away at the second half of the alphabet if its all still free.

Congratulations, Henrik.
I tell you from experience: the second child does not add, but multiplies (in time but also in happiness)

Sorry Henrik for not adding my congratulations before. Great news. Congratulations, especially for Hannah. She’s going to be a loving older daughter, she’s going to help you with the new baby.
Talking about help I’m afraid that my busy schedule won’t let me help till 2010 May or so. After that you can count on me too with the spreadsheets and all that.

Congrats Henrik!

Henrik, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to take care of the 2009 songs spreadsheet. Last night my laptop crashed, repeatedly, and after a night's worth of troubleshooting I discovered I will need a new hard drive. Until it is fixed I will only have intermittent access to a computer, and probably not enough to do the spreadsheet for a few weeks. (Damn technology).

If you wanted to help out with this, but all the spreadsheets were snatched up, here's your chance!!!