Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sgt. Pepper's Mono Remaster

The new mono remaster is the best Sgt. Pepper has ever sounded to my ears. Basically, it sounds a lot more like a rock record. The bass and drums are meatier.

I heard somebody speculate that the drop in Sgt. Pepper's popularity (in relation to the ascendancy of Revolver) could be attributed to the weak sound of the 1987 stereo CD. I never thought that re-mastering could have such a huge effect on my perception of the music, but I really think it could be true for this album.

Any thoughts on the new Beatles CDs? I apologize if this topic has already been done to death.

Re: Sgt. Pepper's Mono Remaster

I have the stereo remaster but Sgt. Pepper's has also gone up in my estimation since I got the remasters. It was never my favorite Beatles album before but I find myself listening to it a lot lately, it may surpass Revolver in my ranking soon.

I first noticed this when playing The Beatles Rock Band. The Sgt. Pepper tracks seemed a lot more clear; the swirling kaleidoscope of sound was replaced with a more thumping rhythem section and more jagged guitars. I think Sgt. Peppers gained the most of all the remastered Beatles albums.

I first noticed this when playing The Beatles Rock Band. The Sgt. Pepper tracks seemed a lot more clear; the swirling kaleidoscope of sound was replaced with a more thumping rhythem section and more jagged guitars. I think Sgt. Peppers gained the most of all the remastered Beatles albums, and I agree that it sounds more like a rock album.

I'm so glad the mono lps finally were given a commercial reissue. Finally people will get to listen to those middle albums in all their glory with listening to bootlegs. Listen to Rubber Soul and Revolver as well, you'll have the same revelatory experience.

The mono just changes everything for the better, yep. The White Album, especially. It was always my favorite, but the stereo separation was dreadful and always gave me a migraine.

I've always preferred stereo White Album. I don't hear the separation in it as much as the previous albums, I think it's where they finally paid attention to stereo and got it right. The remaster in stereo is especially great.