Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AMers Rendez-vous #2

Re: AMers Rendez-vous #2

That second picture deserves an award, priceless. The first picture inspired me to drink the last remaining Heineken in my fridge, good times

Guess what we were listening to in the second picture (I mean which Springsteen song of course)

nicolas
Guess what we were listening to in the second picture (I mean which Springsteen song of course)

Born to Run?

Great photos.

I think I'm gonna break out my cowboy boots tomorrow in honor of you guys

This is awesome! You guys look like you had a blast! Are more pics forthcoming?

What a wonderful surprise! Great pictures!

Where did you meet? Will you see any concerts, etc.?

Who went where? Anytime an AM'er comes to MN let me know.

I'm just back from the airport where I dropped Greg off.

Actually Greg was in Italy for a couple of weeks and he came over to see me in Paris.

He just had 2 days so I showed him the city in one afternoon and one night on tuesday. We walked for like 3 or 4 km (2 or 3 miles), saw les Champs Elysées, les Tuileries, le Louvre, Notre Dame, centre Pompidou and the latin quarter and ended up drinking beers along le canal St Martin, my old neighborhood on the northeast side.

Then yesterday we stayed at my home (outside the city), did a lot of listening of course, and went to Versailles with my family.
Sadly I didn't take any pictures (I always forget to take pictures) but Greg took a few.
Yesterday night Sophie cooked a French dinner for us: boeuf bourguignon, cheese, red wine...

We took the cowboy boots, Heineken and air guitar photos after dinner
(we were listening to "Badlands", and we were not quite as drunk as we look on the photo)
we definitely had a great time

I guess it's the second time AMers meet in the flesh (after Henrik and Honorio last spring in Spain)!
That's really great, like two worlds colliding : your real life and the Acclaimed Music Forum.

This site is not a parallel universe after all

finally settled back here in the states. had a great time visiting family in italy but hanging out w/ nic was truly the trip's highlight. i saw about as much of paris as i imagine it's possible to in 1 day, and then had a quiet day sharing music and strolling around versailles with nic and his family (his 2-year-old basile wanted to hold my hand most of the time, which pretty much melted my cold cold heart). and then to top it all off, a french culinary masterpiece, courtesy of sophie. a great, great time.

AMers of the world, unite and take over!

nicolas
I guess it's the second time AMers meet in the flesh (after Henrik and Honorio last spring in Spain)!

Well, if we count the (wonderful) days that me and my family had at Henrik’s home at Stockholm in August (including a wonderful concert of Junior Boys) we have a total of 4 meetings. And we can increase that number! It’s really nice to see you together having such a good time!!