Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
41 WM20 Info required on a few items

Hey guys,

Just chasing a bit of info on a couple of items.

Firstly,the rear mudguard stay bolt that i have circled in red in the picture below. Should the frame be threaded to receive this bolt or does it pass through the frame and use a nut.
According to the parts list on Draganfly WM20's use items 41,42,43 and 44 to secure the stays however it appears that mine was once threaded and that to me would be the more logical way, can anyone confirm what is correct?

BSA-rigid-rear-guard

free image hosting

Lastly,

Where the rear subframe attaches to the main frame up near the seat, can someone confirm the correct item to use here..is it a bolt or a stud?

cheers

Josh

email (option): johnsonjosh@icloud.com

Re: 41 WM20 Info required on a few items

I think you're looking at it wrong. It's studs 40 with washer and nut 35 36. With different length studs for the pannier fitted bikes especially on the left side which also holds the chainguard and field stand clip plate.

The backstay to saddle tube is a bolt 66-4636 Which Drags list as UNF which can't be right. Originally it would have been 20 or 26 tpi BSC.

ScanH
M20-033

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron,

Thanks for the reply, I did make a mistake in my initial post, Draganfly actually state that No39 stud was used on the left and No41 bolt was used on the right. The main thing I need to know at the moment is that the frame was in fact threaded which I thought it would have. My threads are damaged/flogged out and I’m going to have to weld up the holes and then re-drill and tap them. I’ll have to confirm the thread TPI, I have a set of 26’s but not 20’s.

Do you have any info on the top bolt/stud for the subframe at all?

Cheers

Josh

Josh, the two lifting stay bottom studs are 5/16" x 26TPI Cycle thread.

The two listed here are the longer ones suitable for the pannier rack and long field stand.

The longer one of the two is for the left-hand side that has the extra bits.

The backstay bolt 66-4636 is 7/16" - parts book shot below ( I think the pre-war bikes had a stud here but I'm not sure of that).
I have a NOS one in a frame in the shed - I can check the TPI tomorrow.

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

The drags picture is more of the civy option, which wont include the lower pannier support tubes as well as the other parts mentioned on the left side. If the threads in the frame are weak, (for those who can't or don't want to weld up the holes) you can use Set bolts through from the inside with maybe a dab of Loctite, but I think you can hold the heads with a spanner anyway. Ron
Scan-141116-0001
Scan-141116-0002

Ray/Ron,

Cheers for the information along with the pictures.

Ray..If you could confirm the bolt TPI, width and length it would be appreciated. My 41 WM had been converted to a B33 500OHV and im in the process of restoring the bike and have a side valve engine that im building up to fit back into it. As it had the OHV engine it had a different headstay fitted, the backstay bolt nut is only hanging on by a few threads and is not correct, however this may be due to the different head stay..ill need to obtain the correct head stay for the side valve engine and see how it looks then, Another question, ive seen pics of M20's and its looks as though the headstay attaches to the right hand side of the frame at the backstay..is that correct?

Backstay1
Backstay2

Ron,

Cheers for that, the hex spacers located in your pictures, Prt No: 65-6794. Could you please confirm the hex size, i need to order some in some hex bar so that i can machine some up.

cheers for your help

Josh

Josh, this is a photo of a bolt fitted to a NOS spare frame I have.

It matches the parts list diagram - 7/16" x 4 3/16" and is 20TPI cycle thread. The original washer is a a double spring washer.

The head steady is on the right as you say - here is a picture of one if you want to cobble something up?

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

Fantastic Ray, thanks very much..:)

Josh the hex for 65-6794 is aprox .6" (5/16W spanner) The threads are 5/16 x 26tpi.

But if it's easier. Drags have them. https://draganfly.co.uk/shop/73364/stud-nut-lifting-handle-and-carrier/#65-6794

Ron

Cheers Ron, ill be placing an order with them shortly so will add them to the list..thanks mate.

if it helps

https://pesltd.uk/?ptno=65-6794

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Mark,

Even better that you have them, i will be placing an order for some valve train components in the coming week so will add them.

Another one for you, i sent you an email last week but have not had a reply.

Im chasing a full set of cylinder head bolts and washers for my M20 steel cylinder head, i see that you do the set for the Aluminium heads, do you have anything available for the steel heads..beleive its just the length of some of the bolts that changes?

cheers mate

Josh

Thanks Josh,

When I run some more head bolts I'll include some for the Iron heads.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Cheers Mate,

I’ll flick Anita another email and get my name down for a set.

Regards

Josh

Nieuwe pagina 1