Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pre War Seat info.

Hi, by any chance do any of you own Pre War Saddle catalogues please? A 1939 Terry catalogue will have the info I need, I think and would be ideal. I would also be interested in others though.
I’m not primarily looking to buy, just to glean info.
Thanks,
Tim.

email (option): timmykins@icloud.com

Re: Pre War Seat info.

A difficult area to research. Neither frames nor covers seem to have been marked with a part number. Jan had a pretty good go at listing the WD versions on the HMVF forum, but I'm not aware that anyone has ever found a Lycett or Terry application list.

Here you can read through Jan's extensive research about saddles.

https://hmvf.co.uk/topic/44660-the-saddle-thread-a-rivet-counter%E2%80%99s-guide-to-the-wd-motorcycle-saddles/

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks chaps, Jan’s research certainly has filled yawning gaps in my knowledge of the subject. Darren Cartwright used to own catalogues, but they got damaged, sadly!
I’m wondering about trying Andy Tiernan…….

email (option): timmykins@icloud.com

sorry for high-jacking this thread..

I´m wondering, if the seat I use on my M20, 1942 is a Terry saddle (the black one on the first pic) and if it´s the right one for my BSA..?
Who knows..?

IMG-0080
148miles2-1-1

Ali

email (option): ali.krumpen@t-online.de

Ali, it looks like a Terry frame to me, and it's certainly not the Norton variation, but I couldn't say more than that !

Tim, I went through the VMCC library some years ago looking for seat info and drew a blank...It's very much the sort of thing that I had hoped they would have.

Looks like a BSA Terry indeed. The other saddle is a Mansfield Universal.

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Thanks!

email (option): ali.krumpen@t-online.de

Nieuwe pagina 1