Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: No. 10 REME Auxiliary Workshop JLO Factory Hamburg.

Online sources state that production of their own engines was not permitted until 1947 but that their workshops were used by the occupying forces. Presumably the photos pre-date the resumption of new production.

There is a Record vice in one of the photos, so presumably a certain amount of REME equipment there.

Rob Miller
Nice thank you for sharing them, does the Matchless appear in the keycards, does it have a rebuild serial?

Rob
Rob, as I only have the cases, and no frame, so I have calculated the frame number from O&M, contract C6094. (OK Jan pointed out, that this is a non matching frame and engine number contract, and it's impossible to know the frame number, but anyway, nice try)

This might have been 5687, this is indeed in the cards (KC56b) and has the rebuilt number C1413342, but struck off at Melksham on 17-2-1958. A lot of G3WO's in this range are in the cards.

Would have expected B.A.O.R. but depending on the rebuild date, it could have gone anywhere after the rebuild.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

Jan, as per the brass plate on the "AS" spare engines, 3787 was indeed the Norton part number for a spare engine, complete with Magdyno and carb. A bit odd really as the Magdyno was just dangling there with no engine plates fitted!

C-5612-p-18-19-2

Sorry, no, I'don't have the photos I originally borrowed.
I'll try to find them again on the BSA owners club site and let you know where they can be found. Ron Kitt who I originally borrowed the photos from had them from the time he worked at the JLO factory, and he brought them home with him which was in mid 1946, so the photos must pre-date that.

Rupert.

Yes, Rik, I read that also, nice to have confirmation from Rupert too! Thanks a lot! maybe you can find the missing picture(s)

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

Nieuwe pagina 1