Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: M20 Barrel Repairs

To find such a large taper on the outside of the guide was a shock to me Ian, you live and learn every day.
I've still not got a registration number for the bike, it seems they want to inspect the "running" bike.
That should be taking place at the end of the month.
I think I will try painting the head with epoxy primer and topped with 2k acrylic paint.
If it doesn't work, I guess it can be removed again.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Mark I've just been through the DVLA age related process for this bike which also involved an inspection. (One of many over 37 years) I've never had to run an engine before and in several cases the bike wasn't at the running stage. The bike should be fairly complete and "original"!!!???. The inspector is only there to check the numbers and make sure there is nothing suspicious.

I only ever spray my barrels and heads with VHT rattle cans which is easy to touch up with "Pot Black" when it burns off. Stove enameling is an option, but I don't think they used it on WM20's

This bike is running fine now, but was not running 3 weeks ago for the inspection. Ron

DSCF5798

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Yes, my T120R was checked long before it was running (or fully completed)...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Strangely they must think me untrustworthy as it clearly states it must be running.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Interesting that they state it must be a runner. I've recently registered two 1970's TY250 Yamaha trials bikes, the chap who inspected them really wasn't bothered about me running them, he just took a few pictures of the whole bikes and frame / engine numbers. Seems to me there is absolutely nothing to worry about as long as the bike is what you say it is. I had both log books and reg numbers back in less than 10 days for both bikes.
Some people clearly take the mickey, I got talking to the inspector and he showed me several pictures of a Triumph Cub trials bike which he had just inspected. It was quite obvious - And he knew it, that the bike had no original parts except the crankcases, frame,forks,wheels and tank were all brand new. He just shrugged his shoulders when I asked him what the DVLA would make of it when he submitted the pictures.Your M20 will be no problem !

Nieuwe pagina 1