Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 info...

Does anyone have any information on this M20..?....32 YD 95 .....Sold through Dawson Motors in 1969...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: M20 info...

Here you go Ian, not sure about the last bit, I have a theory but it will be interesting to hear others views?

Rob

32YD95

I don't really understand any of it!...The bike had a later engine fitted at some point in its service..81945...I'll be glad to hear the theories....Ian:relaxed:

These key cards often just muddy the waters, is the frame number of the machone in question WM20 71307?

Rob

Yes Rob, it is...Ian

I think it says Pool 1, Southern Command, which may be a collection of pool vehicles in a Southern Command MT section, there are quite a few of them listed in the post war key cards but interestingly I have only found them in the "YE" section, could that indicate that they were there before they were issued with the post war registration? Apart from yours that is.

Rob

Image21

The bike was 'demobbed' in 1968 or 1969 and was purchased from Dawsons by the current owner in 1969....So maybe 'Pool 1' was the site where it was auctioned off....
It's a shame the cards don't give its last unit as they did for my own M20 or the disposal location name...Thanks for providing what information you do have....Ian

One of the dispoals on this list says 'Bowhouse' and is listed as 'Scot Co'.....

Here it is...[Bowhouse Munitions Factory was an Air Ministry facility located about two miles southeast of Hurlford, Ayrshire. The factory was built in 1939, primarily for the manufacture of incendiary bombs, and continued in this role until 1945.
During the 1950s it was used as a bomb disposal site, and later as a depot for redundant vehicles and stores.
During the 1960s, the site was used to host Government surplus sales...]...Ian

Nick Thomas on the British Jeeps FB group refers to "Theatre Allocation lists" for the post-war numbers. Apparently YJ was West Africa, for instance. Presumably YE was allocated to Home Forces.

Nieuwe pagina 1