Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BAOR picture...

The picture below was taken outside the cookhouse at Rheindahlen, Germany in 1959....John Cashmore was in the 101st Provost company of the Royal Military Police, 2 Div....
He is now 82 and lives about 15 miles from me...Still a keen motorcyclist he has two Velos and an M20 he purchased from Dawson Motors when it was demobbed in 1969...Many years ago he restored the bike and put it into the markings of his old unit...Unfortunately a recent fall that snapped his artificial hip from the femur has concluded his riding days...I have long covetted his beautifully prepared and well maintained M20 and we have agreed on a price so it will be entering my care at some point in the not too distant future...

I can't quite make out the reg. number on the bike in the photo...Can anyone determine what it is and provide any info. from the Key Cards?...John would be interested to know its final 'posting' if at all possible...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: BAOR picture...

85 or 86 YD 74 as far as I can tell.

Here are the two Rik mentioned, both are BAOR.

Rob

85YD74

86YD74

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Thanks Rob...Assuming 'S/O BAOR 31-1-58' refers to 'Sold Off' then Johns bike is the second one, 86 YD 74 from contract S5209 as his picture wasn't taken until 1959...Any information as to where that bike was sold off or last unit?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

There may have been something else penciled in and erased but its not legible now without a forensic scientist and the original card.

On the second one the frame number doesn't match the serial, so WM20 105681 may be more correct?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1