Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rexine saddle cover woes

So I'm sure nobody has found a cheap rexine source for saddle covers yet. :-) My original cover has gone beyond patinated and has become tattered. So I guess my question is this, is there a source anywhere that I have not found myself on the web which has a vinyl or other material which looks the part? At least until a nice NOS one shows up on EBay which I can buy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

email (option): cormiersam@hotmail.com

Re: Rexine saddle cover woes

After years of searching, I think this is the best we have found. It's used for classic sports car hoods. Ron

Rexine-lookalike

DSCF5162-2

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron! Thanks for that! Is there anyone turning the stuff into covers that you know of?

Contact Bastiaan from this forum. Ron

Hi all,

I have made covers for several types of WD pillion seats. Below an impression of the types I have made. I have the long and short Acumen versions currently in stock.

20230601-211542

IMG-20230619-WA0002

IMG-20230716-WA0019

20230305-170445

20230305-170355

20230305-170342-1

20230305-170342-1

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

Thanks Ron!

Bastiaan, I'm sending you an email.
Sam

Hi all,

I have received a lot of emails regarding the Acumen pillionseat covers. I will answer some of the questions in this post, as a lot of people ask the same questions.

1. I do not make the covers for the riders seat. I have stopped doing these as there are just too many variations. It means that I will need to make a lot of patterns, that is just too much work (which 90% of the people is unwilling to pay for). Just for your information: I had to make 8 different patterns for the various parts of the Acumen seatcover, just to be able to make a complete seatcover.

2. I am not selling any of the look a like Rexine material I have. It's difficult to obtain and I need it for the various WD pillionseat covers I am making. The same applies for the bifurcated rivets and the metal strips.

3. The price for 1 long Acumen seatcover is 130 euro ex. postage.

4. I am going to Netley and Beaulieu next week so I can take a few covers with me, which can be picked up there. It will safe on postage, but pay in advance please.

Regards,
Bastiaan

p.s. I have just started making the later (X leg) Mansfield pillionseat covers. I don't have them in stock right now but do let me know if you are interested. Price is the same as the long Acumen.

20230824-104125

20230824-104159

20230824-104116

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

If John Moore has ordered a long Acumen. I can post it on after Netley. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1