Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Oil dripping from crank case vent after reconditioning the oil pump.

Hello again,

Today I finally found the problem:

The two holes in the pump body where the spindles/axels of the gears/cogs for the returnside sits hade become warn and loose to the point where they would let oil seep through. This then becomes an easier path for the oil to go rather than being pushed up all the way through the oiltank. The oil ended up going through to the feed side of the pump along with the new oil that is being fed from the tank. Voila wet sumping!
The problem only occurred when I fixed the feed side of the pump (se above) because before that the amount of oil going in was not enough for wet sumping.

Had a small bag of pump parts laying around and it seems I got it together ok. Did some driving round the block a few times and up and down the street and no dripping from the crank vent. Great success!

Best regards,

Simon

Glad to hear you found the answer Simon...It's always interesting to hear of an unusual problem...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
Glad to hear you found the answer Simon...It's always interesting to hear of an unusual problem...Ian
Found the answer when I dipped the "nipple" at the bottom of the pump in some oil, worked the pump with a spanner and noticed that oil came pumping up through both holes and not just through the return-hole. Took some thinking to figure out why but when I did it was all quite obvious. At last!

Best regards,

Simon

Nieuwe pagina 1