Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"THE CADET JOURNAL" May 1943.

Got this off ebay,if there is any more info inside regarding the cover illustration or can take better pictures,will do when it arrives later in the week if anyones interested.

Re: "THE CADET JOURNAL" May 1943.

"Right, Lads. Who can point out where the frame is likely to break ?" :grimacing:

WD/CO They were prone to fracture at the top of the front down tube. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nice one Steve, thanks for sharing!
Yes, you would make me happy with a better scan... 😊

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Here are some better images of "THE CADET JOURNAL"front cover,there is a cadet news section inside with all the different units activities in the preceding months,and I think those on the cover are "LONDON IRISH RIFLES",and the instructor a member of the Home Guard.

Just love the picture, thanks Steve.

If my local army cadets played with motorbikes I might have spent longer with them. One cold nights camp put me off!

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

I was in the Air Training Corps (A**e Ticklers Club)....I really enjoyed it at that age..Summer camps at various RAF camps, drill competitions at HMS Drake, shooting at Raglan Barracks in Plymouth and Tregantle, flying in 'Chipmunk' trainers and gliders and camping and throwing Thunderflashes around on dubious night time excercises on Dartmoor....Hairy uniforms, blancoed webbing and ammo boots (old school)

Pre Elf and Safety days which were much better...Beats a smart phone and a gender change anyday..:laughing: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks for sharing Steve! The census number can only be C4847497, with would mean that this is a WD/CO/B with frame number 14497. This bike was despatched from the factory on November 2nd 1942, destination "War Office - South Merstham". Unfortunately it is currently not in my WD/CO Register.

For as far as I could find out, most WD/CO(/B)s were used either by the Home Guard or for training purposes.

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1