Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Choosing a Sealed Gearbox Bearing

Hello!

After help on this forum I've narrowed down a pretty bad leak I have from my gearbox and it would appear that replacing the bearing with a sealed one would help. I've seen online that a 2607 bearing is the correct size but there are a lot of options for which bearing. A big question I have is should I be worried about the temperature? Standard ones are about $20 but a high temp one is almost $100. If anyone knows a specific one they can vouch for let me know, even any advice would be greatly appreciated.

email (option): cbibler@yahoo.com

Re: Choosing a Sealed Gearbox Bearing

For a little background I refilled my gearbox and took the bike out for about a 10 mile ride for the first time. The next morning I came to this after it sat on the side stand overnight.

P-20230709-091555

If your gearbox got above 200 deg.C the bearing temperature tolerance would be the last of your worries.
The oil would be breaking down and your gears softening.

Something like this would be more than adequate. I keep both seals in place fore longer life.

https://pesltd.uk/?product=24-4065

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Recheck the number! 6207 2RS. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Already noted on the other post Ron!!....:blush: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

No Ian. I meant he's got the numbers mixed up in the first post of this thread. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ah you're right! 6207 is the correct number. Also has anyone considered using a 6207 ZZ or a bearing with metal seals?

Metal seals will still allow the oil to leak but not as bad as no seal at all. Just get the bearing from Mark Cook and be done with it. If not make sure you get a C3 clearance bearing.

Alright thanks for the advice. I've ordered the same bearing.

I found a metal shield bearing leaked like a sieve.

Nieuwe pagina 1