Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Royal Enfield WDCO

I am new to this forum and to the world of military motorcycles. I have undertaken restorations in the past including a BSA B25 Starfire. I however fancied an older restoration and a WW2 motorcycle and having looked at options I recently purchased a load of Royal Enfield WDCO parts. This included a frame, girders, a complete engine, a complete stripped engine, two more sets of crankcases, gearboxes and loads of parts. A big thank you to Jan on this site who has confirmed identification of my frame and the various crankcases and also assisted with identifying other parts. The frame is from contract C/11081 and two of the crankcases are from the same contract so i will uses the best of these to assemble an overhauled engine. I am currently finishing another project so this project wont get going properly until later this year. I have however sorted parts and dry assembled cycle parts including the girders to see what I have and haven't got which was a really useful exercise. I am however starting on a few parts including the wheels. I have cleaned the front hub and and currently cleaning the rear hub and rim and will then have the wheels professionally rebuilt so they are ready for the build. I have also stripped and cleaned the front brake plate assembly and sent the plate to an engineering company to repair as it is rusted through in one place.

2023-06-17-12-32-59
2023-06-17-13-21-08
2023-06-17-13-38-55
Rear-Hub-1
Rear-hub-2
Rear-hub-3
Rear-Hub-4

Re: Royal Enfield WDCO

Welcome Julian. Keep the restoration pictures coming. I love my Royal Enfield's. Ron

DSCF3471

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron - your bike looks great and i hope to have mine in a similar condition by next summer....

email (option): thebigboss@jwsurveyors.co.uk

Hi Julian..and welcome to the forum and WW2 restoration...Personally I really like the CO, a much underated bike IMO....I've got too many projects as well, but let us know how it goes when you do get to it!!....
I'm sure you'll find answers to most queries here ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Good to see you here Julian! 😃

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

A little progress to report! Firstly my corroded front brake plate has been to Stotfold Engineers for repair and has arrived back looking like new. The missing speedo drive gear has also arrived from Cornucopia. i hope to pain all the front brake plate parts and reassemble. All I am missing now is the shoes if anyone has some to sell. I also have thanks to Jan located and purchased a rear brake plate which is on its way to me.

Brake-plate-2
Drive-gear-1
Drive-gear-2

email (option): thebigboss@jwsurveyors.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1