Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Census number

Hi I want to know my bike census number my bike serial number is 9600x (x is bcz of safety) and frame number is 7897x (here also x for safety)pls help me in finding my census number. Nd pls let me know my bike year of manufacture n contract number n other information

Thank you
Regards Dharmil

email (option): dharmilsorathia7@gmail.com

Re: Census number

Is this for a WM20 ?

The census number of your bike is CXXXXXXX (X is bcz of safety).
:smile:

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

:relaxed: ....Yes, to retrieve the information you requested from the records the whole number is required....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

... preferably accompanied by a few clear pictures of said numbers. Instructions for posting pictures at the top of the forum.

Matchless G3L

Frame number 78979
Serial number 96006
Year of manufacture?
Census number?
Matchless G3L

Frame number 78979 is a bike from contract S/6150. This was the very last G3/L contract. It should have been for 10.000 bikes, but because the war in Europe was over halfway the contract, only 6.089 bikes were effectively built. Your Matchless is the 5.980th bike from this contract, which means that it is one of the very last G3/Ls. The census number on the tank would have been C6117979. Production for this contract started in early January 1945, at 1.400 bikes per month. So your bike must have been built in May 1945.

Pictures with some "close" numbers (the first picture was taken in India, the other two are also definitely outside Europe):

India-in-1945
photo-1
TT5tiuV

Thank you so much 🙏

Hey jan
Where did you find it from can you let me know pls or give me the hard copy of that pls 🙏

Thank you
Dharmil

I have got several different sources, but it took me a lot of time, effort and money to find all this information. So sorry, no hardcopies...

This are the relevant information or not?

What is relevant information?

Correct information?

Dharmil are you suggesting that Jan made up those numbers or gave you the wrong numbers just for fun. Jan is a historian and goes to great lengths to help people with the correct information. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ok sorry jan and thank you so much for helping me🙏

Nieuwe pagina 1