Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mates new old machine

a mate of mine just picked up an m20 today ,trying to identify the year,the engine no is w m 29905,any info greatly welcome,cheers dave

email (option): tangle.43@bigpond.com

Re: mates new old machine

Is that WM20 29905?..If that is also the frame number it's from contract number C7287...That was a contract for 17,000 bikes which commenced on 25/05/1940 and was completed on 28/08/41....The frame number sequence started at WM20 25001...
To date the bike itself the frame number is required, so, if that's different to the number you've provided the information above only applies to the engine....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I concur with Ian's post. The engine left the factory on 15/11/1940, if the engine number is WM20.29905. The census number that goes with this engine would have been C4346497. These are the closest numbers that I can find in my photographs. Australians in the Middle East...?

C4346663
C4346755

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Jan, if I remember correctly that series of pictures was posted some years back and was identified as equipment being unloaded in Singapore in 1941.

Now that you're saying so Ray... A quick forum search revealed this and this and a link to this website.

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

much thanks for your help in this matter,will have to remove a bit if paint and see what the frame no is,cheers ,dave

email (option): tangle.43@bigpond.com

Nieuwe pagina 1