The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: M20 gearbox bearing

No need for aplogies/explanations Mark.

Your opinions and information are always appreciated Mark, same goes for everyone else on this site, very helpful.
I am now mid 80's and no longer ride 2 wheels, twice a week rides on my Spyder keeps me in touch.

My M20 will be as good condition as I can make it, utilising all the advice I receive on this site, and will eventually pass to my son, but unfortunately I can't ride it. (did plenty of that in 50's t0 70's).

It is never going to cover high mileage in my lifetime.
Now back to try and insert gear cluster. BTW, army manual is good at giving 'bits' of info. e.g. 'when removing inner cover, watch out for small plunger and spring falling out, don't lose them'. Well, they fell out and I didn't lose them, but...fell out from where? where do they fit back in ? They don't mention that.

Baz

email (option): binnawan@iinet.net.au

Barry the little spring and plunger 37 and 38 fits in it's little tube behind the gear change mechanism. Ron

ScanB

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It's also worth checking that the little recess in the back of the plate (35) that the plunger fits into when in the 'centered' position is clearly defined to accept the plunger and there is not have a heavy 'score' in the plate either side of it...It makes for more positive 'self centering' that way....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1