Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Triumph 3HW front brake cable length

If you have access to a 3HW parts book the cable lengths are in there, the later 7/8 BSA handlebars that were fitted do have a longer front brake cable (about 3 inches longer), I have an original NOS cable that I can measure the weekend,the later parts book will have the longer lengths noted which will fit the 1 inch bars, but the shorter cable maybe tight on the later bars.

Re: Triumph 3HW front brake cable length

Steve S.
If you have access to a 3HW parts book the cable lengths are in there, the later 7/8 BSA handlebars that were fitted do have a longer front brake cable (about 3 inches longer), I have an original NOS cable that I can measure the weekend,the later parts book will have the longer lengths noted which will fit the 1 inch bars, but the shorter cable maybe tight on the later bars.
Steve,

Thank you so much for your reply.
I do have a couple of original replacement parts books (S5340 & S2114), still looking for my 3HW's book contract C13948!

Contract S2114 states 16" for the front brake wire casing, while the later contract S5340 18 1/2".

Problem is that not all of my other original wire casings fit the dimensions given on the book:
1. Exhaust valve lifter cable is 24 1/2" instead of 27 1/2" listed
2. Throttle cable is 37", as stated
3. Ignition control cable is 40 1/2", as stated
4. Clutch cable is 52 1/2" instead of 54 1/2" as listed

So, don't really know what I should do, I guess 16" will fit my 1" handlebars.

Regards,

Kostas

email (option): ferrarakias@htomail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1