Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Main picture Men and WM20's in Snow!

I noticed on the main picture the WM20's have a Rod on the lower part of the front brake, I am sure I read they was not fitted to the WM20?
I maybe fitting one to mine, as the cable going through the hole just don't look right, in my eyes!

email (option): ianacott@hotmail.com

Re: Main picture Men and WM20's in Snow!

Early war M20s were fitted with the rod operated front brake...After it was deleted the tapped lug on the forks was retained, presumably so that any set of forks would fit on any M20 with the associated parts...
I like the rod operated brake as it only uses a short cable and the result is a much more positive 'feel' to the front brake and better operation as much of the 'flex' inherent in a long cable is eliminated....

I know John O Brien had a few of the assemblies for sale but I don't know if he has any remaining....Here's an M20 in the snow without a rod operated front brake..:laughing: Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thank you Ian , I do have a Rod .

email (option): ianacott@hotmail.com

The cable was never really meant to go through that hole in the brake rod lug. It just lays by the side of it. Although some guys do fit it through the lug and others use the lug to hold a spare spark plug as the threads are about the same. Ron
DSCF3627-4

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1