Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bsa m20/21

Can anyone tell me the history of dutch bsa LSK 735 amd whether it is still around please? I have a photo of my grandfather on it during his national service

email (option): Oliverbrooke@hotmail.co.uk

Re: Bsa m20/21

UK reg number LSK 735 is on a maroon Ford of some sort. I think you'll need to provide just a teeny bit more information here...
REgards, Mark

Hi Mark, thanks, i found the forum through a dutch website so assumed there were a large number of members from the Netherlands here(probably wrongly in hindsight based on it being in english).

My grandfather died before i was born so i don't have many details except this photo, taken during his time serving his dutch national service

Picture is here (i can't get it to upload to the forum suggested website) -
https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/307466422_10159383988079608_6324975298256527371_n.jpg?stp=cp0_dst-jpg_e15_fr_q65&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0be424&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=xeGFrG4DxfoAX8li6Kt&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=00_AT-pn8cdr6BEYpkiIYpGqAWAWZP-eCd_aoq8NHDoQniXfg&oe=632D342C

Ok, it's a just postwar picture, the headlamp rim, is a punched out blackoutmask, the Dutch did this a lot just after the war, as I have several of them.

LSK stands for? Schiet Kamp, sorry, I forgot, but I will remember. But the bike was used there, these numbers are not listed anywhere, but maybe Bastiaan knows more?

ISK was Infanterie Schiet Kamp, that was and is still located on the "Harskamp"
ASK was Artillerie Schiet Kamp, that was and is still located in "T'Harde"

Ok, I found it, it just means "Lucht Strijd Krachten" so Airforce in English, I found a picture, of 1950's BSA's, and some Volkswagens, I remember these, as I could have bought a couple 25 years ago, they were apple green!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb***.net

Found some more pictures in the Dutch archives, had not seen these before! you can see, the higher the LSK number, the newer the bike.

They used Nortons with sidecar too!

A BSA and a Hardley.

Hope this helps,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb***.net

Amazing information, thank you so much. I assume there's no way to see if it's still around?

Aluminium cylinder head on the plunger model so 1951 or later....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1