The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lucas HF1441 schematics

Thanks Nick, everything helps.
I've checked out the 1440-1-44 schematics on the website and now I'm really confused. From teh outside my horn looks like a 1441 with the outer clamp over the diaphragm rather than the screwed face of the 1234-5 horns but internally its quite different, and as you can see from my photo there are three discs which i'm trying to work out where they go. So clearly i have another model which just looks like the 1440....
But hey -its not rocket science - i'll just keep trying different configurations til it works. Ignorance is bliss.

email (option): lxmrtn55@gmail.com

Your photo is not showing for me? Have you checked out "electrical" in the technical section of this site. It might help ID your horn. Lucas horn numbers are very confusing!! I think the HF1440-1-4 are post war models. The wartime models which I have on two of my bikes are HF1140 and 1141. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

G'day Ron.
confusing is hardly the word! Not sure why my photo isnt showing for you as it comes up in preview and when i reply....????

I did check out the electrical section of the website and found it really good which then led on to Lucas E and F website PDFs and a multitude of photos of various HF horns. The 1441 looks on the outside like the 1140-1's. The 1140 has the same dome nut and outer disc and clamp as the 1141 but the terminals are on the side whereas the 1141 terminals are at the back. is this what you've got?

in my photo it shows the dissembled horn from front to back and it is very much like the photo of the HF1141 in the Electrical section only repainted in matt green, with the terminals at the rear. In the Lucas parts pdf (Section F) the re is a breakdown of parts but not for the 1141-1 horns. However the diaphragm (700714) and outer disc (700728) match mine and my casing /backplate has the number 700322 stamped on the inside(?)
on Lucas Horns Parts List page F3 there is an anomalous reference to HF1140 as the model is not mentioned anywhere else that I could find.

bottom line - where do the three small discs sit in relation to the base plate,the diaphragm and the outer disc?

I think I've worked it out by trial and error but its galling to not be able to find the schematics and be able to find that particular model!
If you do have an exploded view of the two horns please let me know before I run a current through my horn and blow a fuse or burn something out. (apart from my peanut brain!:confounded: )

email (option): lxmrtn55@gmail.com

Unfortunately I haven't got any dismantled pictures. I try to only buy working horns and then do the minimal amount of disassembly for painting them.

Yes the earlier model 1140 has the terminals on the side, the 1141 are on the back. As far as I know, these are the two war time models of this design.......The Altette's are a whole other kettle of fish. Ron
PS, email your picture to me if you want and I'll post it.
C10-097

HF1141-3-2

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1