Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Smith speedo arm reset

The arm is only a press fit on the spindle. Taking care not to damage spindle or internals (ie with a suitable puller) you should be able to pull it off and then press it back on at '0'.
cheers
Dean

Thanks Dean. I will give it a go. very carefully. I still cant work out why the arm didnt spring back?

email (option): lxmrtn55@gmail.com

If you spin a chronometric with a drill and stop it suddenly, the needle will often stay where the drill stopped. So you either drive it and stop slowly or reverse the drill to zero the needle. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I have a short piece of old speedo cable, with the 'squared end', that I use to do that by hand...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

The square on a 4BA tap fits nicely. The speedo is like a clock just turn the drive slowly the needle should go back to zero.

email (option): ian.clare1@virgin.net

Re: Smith speedo arm reset and other bits

All you guys - so impressed/ive. Haven't quite got to pull the arm off yet so will try the slow turning first and see how that goes.
Have been reading the tips and comments in this forum, going back over the previous years and found heaps of good sh#### for my resto. Keep up the great work. I'll post a few photos when mine kicks over in the next few months (fingers crossed!!!) Have a few concerns about the gearbox but will read a few more posts before I crank it.

email (option): lxmrtn55@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1