Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Info wanted on Royal Enfield dispatch riders bike

You could try posting on the Royal Enfield Owners Club UK Facebook site, https://www.facebook.com/groups/1138785666316064.
That picture of the couple on the bike is familiar, I'm pretty sure it was in either Classic Bike magazine or possibly The Classic Motorcycle magazine. An index search might find you a copy?
REgards, Mark

The black & white picture comes from the February - March 1982 issue of The Classic MotorCycle. But it is not the bike that Wayne is looking for.

I have found the name of the owner of the bike in the colour photograph, Wayne has been informed. :slightly_smiling_face:

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Well after a lot of searching, I’ve finally found my grandads old bike and not only that but today I have managed to buy it.

Thanks to Jan he had the details of a previous owner, but that trail went cold. Then out of the blue I received a message on Facebook, replying to a message I had sent Oct 2021, and the reply I received was from Brian, who not only owned the bike, but also was thinking of selling it. So we did a deal and I now own a 1940 Royal Enfield model C!!!

0-BA26465-A73-F-4-F69-8-F74-DBBA7-A8-FC1-DE

My sister and brother sat on the bike in the late 1980’s. I’m the boy stood at the back.

12810-E67-BC52-4024-9184-9-D6725-CF3-AB3

A95526-D0-CB22-4343-A05-D-4675-CFC9-DF2-B

49399761-A524-42-ED-811-D-DCF46-C5183-FD

email (option): waynesmith78@hotmail.com

Well done, not many get as lucky as you have Wayne.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Nice story! Jan will know what to do with the funky rear rack and pillion seat, it looks a bit odd.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb***.net

Lex Schmidt
Nice story! Jan will know what to do with the funky rear rack and pillion seat, it looks a bit odd.

Cheers,

Lex
Indeed! If you want to do something about these items just give me a shout Wayne! :blush:

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Well done Wayne! Glad to see you've got your old bike back. It was good talking to you at Welland.
I expect to see it on the military display next year. 😀
Justin.

email (option): leggy90@icloud.com

Nieuwe pagina 1