Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Matchless G3

Which parts are you looking for Adam? And is it a G3/WO or a G3/L that you've got?

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Hi All

Many thanks to everyone who has replied.
I didn’t realise I could just post without joining as a member, many thanks to the people who run this website. Parts that I am after are seat springs/good quality seat coverings and a complete reasonable quality exhaust system that will fit as it should.
The bike is a panel in tank from within contract C6094
Best regards
Adam

Hi Adam. Yours is the contract after mine. I had a batch of correct saddle springs made last year and I think John Tinley is still holding some in stock. (Put him in the search box above to get his email). Otherwise I can get some more if necessary, but could be several weeks.

I'm not happy to recommend anyone for saddle covers in UK. But I just heard that Anna and Dad Josef in CZ are about to get some more made.
They also make the saddle bungees.... anna.cingrosova@seznam.cz

My exhaust came from Armours https://www.armoursltd.co.uk/ Mention my name if you want (they call me Military Ron)
Ron
DSCF3112
DSCF3470
DSCF3162

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron

Many thanks for this information, I have unfortunately miss advised you in the fact, I have a good pair of seat springs but it’s the parts you call the bungees I need, apologies I didn’t know they were called that. Thank you.
I have come across John T previously and he has always been most helpful to me when we discussed wheel spindles some time ago.
Thank you for the heads up on covers, I will contact these people. Did they make yours for you.
Exhaust wise I hear good and not so about armorers, how did yours fit and did you go for a bare steel one?

All the best
Adam

Adam my cover was made by R K Leightons in Birmingham and I have had better. My exhaust was fitted to my bike by its previous owner who had it semi mat chrome plated. All I did was shorten the silencer strap by about 1".

I know of several other guys who have bought G3 and G3L exhausts from Armours and I can't remember hearing of any problems. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1