Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Rear wheel parts BSA M20

Abit stuck, I recently bought a set of roller bearings for my M20 rear wheel from drags. As these are modern roller bearings does this eliminate the need for:

26-6865 / 26-6689
15-7047
15-7045

I hope this makes sense my question?

Thanks

Danny

email (option): burt.danny@yahoo.co.uk

Danny if you mean you have bought the modern equivalent "Metric" taper roller bearings?? Then the thrust washers 15-7045 must be reduced by 50 thou each (0.050")....or new ones made. Everything else remains the same. Remiss of Drags not to advice you about this (maybe they sell the thinner washers?)

If you've bought straight forward ball bearings for conversion? I have no idea about that! Ron

PS this could be another project for Mark Cook, to make the thinner thrust washers available, to make the metric bearing conversion easy for anyone.

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the update mate. And the flea info.

Mark,

I can clasp my hands together and ask! I need a set. If need be, I could try Russell's and send them to you to thin and remake for people?

Cheers

Danny

email (option): burt.danny@yahoo.co.uk

Not me Danny. Check with Mark. He probably already has patterns to work from. I don't think there is any need for these to be hardened, although Mark probably would to be sure. Ron

There's no need to harden them...They are simply provide a seat for the bearing outer when it's fitted to the hub..Anyone with a lathe could knock these up very easily...Try a local machine shop...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I've done 15-7047 that have been hardened and ground. 15-7045 is on the "to do list" Unfortunately I got put on an emergency aluminium job, so I'll be turning aluminium for a while. Then Bronzes before getting back to steels. Unless I'm told otherwise ;) . (I have paint for my project now and hope to paint the wheels this afternoon, so I will be assembling them soon and will require the spacers too.)

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Mark incase you don't already know. The original spacer washers 15-7045 are 0.155-0.160" and the thinner ones for the metric bearings are 0.105-0.110". I guess you have the ID and OD, but I have that if required.

I imagine that a bigger stock of the thinner ones would be favourite these days.

Ron

Finally I managed to find some time to run a few thinner bearing spacers off. These were machined from a medium carbon steel.
I don't know the price yet but they won't be much. In a few days they will appear on https://pesltd.uk/ as 15-7045A

If you buy the bearings from us Anita will put one in each bearing box for free. That will be listed as 26-6890

Mark

Live on our web site now.

https://pesltd.uk/?product=26-6890&ptno=26-6890

https://pesltd.uk/?product=15-7045A&ptno=15-7045A

Mark

Nieuwe pagina 1