Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
KM20 Frame info

Morning all,

Got my frame back from the blasters yesterday and have finally discovered the frame number, it is KM20 2250,
I’d always assumed it was a wm20 frame as it has the later forks and fuel tank etc.
Could never find the number near the headstock, turns out I was just looking in the wrong place 😂
Any information on this frame is much appreciated

Thanks
Tom

EC4-DFA04-2-FF4-47-CC-B668-F5-AA91-C04340

email (option): t-watts1@hotmail.co.uk

Re: KM20 Frame info

The factory records indicate that frame number KM20 2250 was originally fitted to an M21 despatched 7/4/1939 to Shovelbottoms, Birmingham. It was presumably a standard 1939 civilian model.

Thanks Rik that’s interesting to know 👍

Must be a bit a bit of a bitsa as like I say it is fitted with the later type forks and a cut out fuel tank.
It has also gained a M20 engine at some point in its life WM20.80582, and a rear mudguard with contract no. S.5209, either that or someone has replaced the frame with this KM one 🤷‍♂️

Tom

email (option): t-watts1@hotmail.co.uk

It's impossible to say what happened now, Tom. It could all have been done post-war, but it may be that an M21 taken for early-war service was rebuilt using later parts while in service. The list of 'Civilian Impressed / Local Purchase' vehicles would be pretty much the Holy Grail for me, but I don't believe that it still exists.

Is it road-registered, or do you still have to deal with that ?

Makes a little bit more sense now, the bike is road registered as a M21, but with the current M20 engine number and no mention of the KM20 frame number,
It was registered in 1967 with a E suffix reg so assuming this is when it was sold off.
I’ve owned it for 10 years now, and never really thought about it till I found the frame number the other day!

Tom

Nieuwe pagina 1