Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wet sump

Hi every one
Could someone please tell me the size of the ball and spring for the pressure valve that goes in from the timing cover on my wm20 .I managed to get the old spring out but not the ball , I turned the engine over but still no ball ! Any other suggestions on how to get it out .? That is if there’s one in there !! . Sizes would be a big help . Thanks ,Win.

Re: Wet sump

It's a 1/4" ball. https://draganfly.co.uk/shop/84624/ball-bearing-14-1596796443/#S9-2

You best peer in there with a torch to make sure it's not there.(squirt it out with one of those straws and WD40) With a new ball, I give it a light tap with a skinny drift to create a good seat. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

You may wanna watch out when ordering the spring and ball from Drags, they sent me the wrong ones a couple of years back. I pointed it out and they kindly sent me the correct items. Apparently some confusion as to what year the sizes changed, or so they claimed.

Best regards,

Simon

You can get a spring and ball set from C&D Autos as well...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Simonofsweden
You may wanna watch out when ordering the spring and ball from Drags, they sent me the wrong ones a couple of years back. I pointed it out and they kindly sent me the correct items. Apparently some confusion as to what year the sizes changed, or so they claimed.

Best regards,

Simon
Yes it's a 3/16" ball 1937-39. 1/4" after that. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

OK, thanx Ron!

/Simon

Hi , Thanks every one for your information regarding the ball and spring , I had a look but definitely no ball in there ! My biggest worry now is that the guy who had it before myself didn’t put the wrong size ball in there , where oh where could it be now ,!!, any way thanks again ! I will get a 1/4 inch ball .

When I first bought my M20 it had a tap fitted the oil feed pipe, it looked like the sort of thumb type chrome tap you'd have seen next to a 70s gas fire!!!
I always had one eye on this tap when riding, then one day I was on a long uphill section of road, the revs were quite high I looked down and to my horror the tap was vibrating it's self to the off position 😱, so I gaffer taped it up and carried on. I needed to get to the bottom of this wet sump problem. When I checked the ball and spring it didn't have them fitted.....after fitting I left the tap in the on position and guess what it hasn't wet sumped since 😁 that was 7 years ago and the tap was removed the week after fitting the ball.

email (option): Alwyndart@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1