Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Messageboard Quirks

Am I the only person who opened to the forum this morning to see lots of old threads thrown up, apparently at random ?

Those that have been posted on today seem to be in the correct place, but there are old threads from 2016 and 2017 in amongst yesterdays..I can't see that there have been new posts on them.

Fire-Shot-Webpage-Screenshot-147-pub

upload

The 'Sales and Wants' board is fine.

Re: Messageboard Quirks

Rik there were 7 or 8 and all with different first name titles. I reported it to Bastiaan who took them down. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I've still got them...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I've just cleared cookies and still got them appearing.

Strange! They've gone for me? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

There was an attack this morning, it was quite clever with carefully worded replies to old threads, all with an odd clickable link, I posted a warning on one of them and then I assume Bastiaan removed them all, its not really surprising as there is very little security on this forum, but well done the moderators, we live another day.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Ah right, now I understand...Bastiaan removed the new posts but of course it left the threads up at the top. I didn't quite understand what Ron was saying.

Iprobably haunt 20 to 30 forums ( no wonder I never get anything done ) and the ones with the least security seem to actually work best .
Most have a "report" link that appears in every window or under every post which allows the members to flag it as spam or racist or advertising etc etc directly to the moderators who can then pull it off & exclude the poster .
Just so long as no one has replid to it .
All depends upon the soft wear the host is running .

Rik
Ah right, now I understand...Bastiaan removed the new posts but of course it left the threads up at the top. I didn't quite understand what Ron was saying.
Rick,

You are 100% right! I have removed the spam immediately (you probably have never seen the posts) but unfortunately these old posts remain almost on top of the list.

Thank you for all the persons who reported it to me and even texted me on my cellphone about it!

I am going to remove this thread within a few days, just to keep the forum clean and reduce the amount of messages.

Have a great day to you all!

Bastiaan

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1