Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad end

Gents,
Age and health have finally caught up and I have had to abandon and sell my WM20 project. Unable to do the work anymore.
I want to register my thanks for the help I have received on this site (which I visit at least twice every single day) from several members.
I am still interested and will continue to visit daily probably.
The bike is going to a local enthusiast who will no doubt complete it.

I have been working on bikes, mostly Triumph BSA (but also Honda in recent years) for more than 65 years, so I will have to have something in my workshop to do. Probably a light and easy to handle small 2 stroke. (I have my eye on a 74 Yamaha 400 2 stroke, I had one new in 1972).

Thanks again

Baz

email (option): binnawan@iinet.net.au

Re: Sad end

Hi Baz,

Sorry to hear you have to sell your WM20 project. I myself have been working on and restoring bikes (and cars) for over 45 years so a mere whippersnapper to you.

I have restored and worked on probably several hundred bikes in this time and built some kit cars and restored a few classic cars. I enjoy the whole process of tracking them down, buying them, sorting out or restoring them and then when the time is right, selling them to fund the next one (or two).

I am currently restoring a 1941 WM20 which I found online when enquiring about a 1952 Triumph TRW. The owner sent me some photos of the Triumph in bits in the brick built shed where he had found it.
I could see there was lots of parts of another bike in the shed as well, so I asked and he said there was a nearly complete BSA WM20. I asked how much he wanted and he said which one do you want. Both of them of course.

I have the Triumph stashed as another retirement project. After removing some of the dog poo brown paint which looked like it had been applied with a tar brush on a broom handle, from across the road. I found it has the original blue paint of the RAF underneath. So will be a great project after the WM20 is done.

I too will carry on building bikes as long as I can but realise age catches up with us.

I hope your projects and builds carry on, we certainly need something interesting to get up in the morning and carry on as long as possible

Regards

Tony.

email (option): tony-wilkinson@sky.com

I'm afraid that this comes to us all eventually...Personally I've 'enjoyed the ride' myself since buying my first bike over 50 years ago and I never got round to owning a car...I still have a few projects in hand and I certainly hope to complete those and get some more miles in before age finally catches up with me...
I've been collecting parts for a few years now for when I can't ride anymore, my plan then being to hit the workshop and do some sectioned engines and gearboxes to keep me busy...

Enjoy your 'retirement' Baz!....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

baz dont know your circumstance but have always had more old mates than young ones,known shitloads of folk in my time(66years) a pup ,the knowledge we loose with every passing,the folk iv;e met in my life has been exceptional,baz hope things work out wish i had known you ,cheers and all the best

email (option): tangle.43@bigpond.com

65 years, 50 years, wow...
In bought my first motorcycle in 1974, a M20, still got it and ride it.
I am a bit of a newcomer :slightly_smiling_face:

All the best Baz !

Didn't quite make retirement. Consolation prize is a Triumph America with sidecar (I need the training wheels these days). Not a project, but maintainence/mods will keep me occupied. My other three wheel ride is a Can Am Spyder F3T. Keeps me on the road in my eighties !

email (option): binnawan@iinet.net.au

blacked out visor and cover the plate,go as fast as it will go,safely of course,cheers

email (option): tangle.43@bigpond.com

Nieuwe pagina 1