Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exhaust

Anyone had any experience with exhausts from these guys?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BSA-WM20-Exhaust-downpipe-and-silencer-/393598731863?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Many thanks.

Re: Exhaust

No experience of them...They do rather laughingly suggest it could be finished in Olive Green for WD applications...Oh dear...

The WD silencer is also 'tipped up' whereas the 'civvy' one isn't (which is what they are making)..Finally, the WD silencer doesn't use a separate silencer clamp to secure it to the pipe...In that application there are two bosses welded to the silencer that a nut and bolt passes through to clamp it up..
I'd take a look at Armours at least for the silencer, they make the correct type for a WD bike...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

My replacement baffled silencer from Armours turned up yesterday, let's hope my experience will be better than others.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Yes i bought a set a few years ago and yes they don’t fit !
The bracket on the down pipe is in the wrong place and the silencer bracket is too short ? Bought a set from Armours and they fitted perfectly with a little tweaking, eBay set are still hung on the garage wall going rusty will sort them one day when i can be bothered 😕

email (option): rustytomm20@hotmail.com

I’m swaying towards Armours but concerned about the reports of not fitting properly.
What about Draganfly? Any reviews on their product?
Many thanks

I'm hoping to be able to do a dummy fit in about a month, I'll post what I find.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

I'm fairly sure that Drags systems are made by Armours anyway. I'm waiting for confirmation on that. If there is an issue with the fit of the front pipe, It needs to go back and I'll re-present the front pipe that I loaned them which fits perfectly. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Drags exhausts are made by Armour's. Ron

I just went to Armours to collect a front pipe for a forum member and took my "nice fit" sample pipe with me for checking. Armours are on at least the second batch since they borrowed my sample, and as far as I could tell the new pipes are spot on to my sample.

I did ask Darren to check and adjust if necessary the roundness of the pipe where it enters the head....Which he went away and did.

The length of the pipe where it enters the silencer is deliberately left long, although they did receive one back as the bloke doesn't own a hacksaw and didn't see why he should borrow one (as suggested) and would rather pay the postage.???? Ron

DSCF4582

Wow Ron that does look good. I wish I could just pop into Armours ... I believe my header pipe is good but my silencer is rusted out . Although I can probably just order that on line from them... What I would like to be able to go there for is a pipe for my 31 Sloper and a complete high exhaust for my 56 BSA Alloy Clipper. Ive tried communicating with them via email and never get a response other then once. I might have better luck in person.... HUMMMMM Brain churning here.... I will be in England for a couple weeks in August.... I should try to get in to see them .

email (option): wadeschields@mindspring.com

I don't understand why you didn't get a response. This is not normal for the new team in operation. Send the email again (mention my name) and forward it to me if you don't get a reply. I can call in there for coffee any day of the week. It pays to mention "WD" as then they know it's to my patterns. Ron

Ron,
Many thanks for collecting that down pipe for my silencer! This down pipe looks very good, better then the 1 I had from Armour's before. I hope it will fit much easier.

Regards,
Bastiaan

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

Well I’ve taken the plunge. Phoned up Armours and spoke to a very helpful and knowledgeable lady who knew Ron and the WD specs.
Have ordered the down pipe and silencer so will let you know how I get on.
Many thanks for all the advice. 👍

Geoff T
Well I’ve taken the plunge. Phoned up Armours and spoke to a very helpful and knowledgeable lady who knew Ron and the WD specs.
Have ordered the down pipe and silencer so will let you know how I get on.
Many thanks for all the advice. 👍
Good to know people in high places :)

I too hope to drop a name or so at Armour in the near future .

Thanks for that insite Ron

You may laugh, Wade but in dear old Blighty, the English National Pocket-billiards Champion lives the life of a demigod.

Ron-Netley

And surrounded by untold treasures :wink:

The exhaust arrived well packaged and in good time. Appears to be made of good quality steel. I have sprayed it with heat resistant black paint. Fitting of front pipe needed a little jiggling about with the bracket but eventually fitted well. Had to cut approx 3” off the silencer end as they are deliberately left long. Silencer fitted well. Good sound but not too loud. Overall quite impressed. Would recommend. 👍

Did you not order a Stainless Steel one Geoff? Ron

Hi Ron. No just the unplated version. 👍

Sorry to drag this old thread back.
I'm have just got to this stage, and am having trouble with mine. Ron got it for about 5 years ago:face_with_rolling_eyes:
Ian stated that the WD has a tipped up silencer, but the photo of WM20 30775, late 40 early 41? a straight one. The length of my old silencer is quite a bit longer than the tipped up from Armours, does anyone know the correct length? I know that folk get the stainless blasted, but from factory, the system looks Black. Oh, and it doesn't fit.

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1