Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seems a bit pricey to me...

There's a WNG Ariel on ebay....A tad expensive at £9,500 I thought...ebay 165429463748 ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Seems a bit pricey to me...

Everything is going up apart from interest in your bank account, Jeeps seem to have doubled in price over the last 10 years, Armoured vehicles even more, it doesn't seem unreasonable for WD motorcycles to do the same.

Time for the 20k Welbike.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Ha Ha Rob! Are you building up to sell yours? :relaxed: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I can't Ron I haven't ridden it at Arnhem yet.

But WD bike prices don't seem to have gone up much, a nicely restored mid war M20 would probably make 7 or 8k now?, that's not much more than it would have been in 2012 for example,true it seems to be the case that any collection of knackered parts lumped together is often considered by the sellers to be equally as valuable and maybe better machines don't come up for sale very often, but its almost like we are in denial that we have desirable toys, Ferrari and Brough owners aren't.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I guess if you want to keep buying and not selling , the lower the price the better...One problem though, is that although the selling prices might be rising relatively slowly that isn't the case with the price of spares...
Rebuild costs, when worked out accurately, are rising at an alarming speed....
It's already the case that it's more or less impossible to match up the purchase price and rebuild costs of many models with the likely sale price...
The last two bikes I rebuilt covered the costs only because they were 'up market' models and fetched a premium price as a consequence...
My current project is highly likely to end up in negative equity and I've just chosen to ignore the market because I want to build it...
In fact I reminded myself a while back that I rebuild old bikes because I like old bikes, not for any financial gain, so whether it's a win or a lose doesn't matter as long as I can keep finding the money to do it...You can survive on crisp sandwiches can't you?:laughing: Ian...

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Very true Ian. Lots of my stuff cost more at the time to buy and restore than their worth, but fortunately as they are all keepers, time has allowed the value to catch up. If all else fails, we can leave out the luxury of the crisps!! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1