Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Unusual gearbox failure..

:grimacing: I had a visit from a friend yesterday, his M33 has suffered a very unusual and catastrophic gear box failure...
A strip down of the remains indicated that a broken selector dog was the cause...That momentarily jammed the gearbox, forcing the shafts apart and leading to the complete destruction of the main gearbox casing...
The front was blown out, there was a hole in the 'floor' of the main case, everything around the main bearing fractured and came apart and the inner casing of the gearbox was cracked all around the lay shaft bush...Add to that sundry damage to gear teeth etc. and the likelihood one or both of the shafts are bent and frankly there's not a lot left...The only thing that held the back of the main case together was the inspection plate!...

Fortunately I have everything he needs to get it back into working order...I'll post some pictures later for general interest..In 45 plus years I've never seen one like it!...:scream: :fearful:...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Unusual gearbox failure..

What glue will you use Ian? Ron:confounded:

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

If only...A raid on the gearbox spares dept. is pending...:relaxed: Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I saw him at the Tamar auto jumble on Friday, its amazing how far he kept going with a gearbox split in half.

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1