Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Handlebar damper rubbers

Hi, am hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction. I am in need of a complete set of handlebar damper rubbers for my BSA, part No. 15-5282)as the ones I have perished. Although my bike is not a WD machine this part was common on several models in the late 1930's and so far all suppliers I have contacted do not have this item. Thanking you in advance for any suggestions.

email (option): grayhowie@sky.com

Re: Handlebar damper rubbers

Hi Graham
Jeff hunter - the rubber man does these but sometimes only to demand
He doesn’t have a website or a tel no I can provide you with - but if you Google him - he will appear with an email contact

On occasions they can be a bit tardy in their replies - so bear in mind

They are the only folk supplying these - they are normally at Stafford show and Kempton park most times
Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi Graham,

have a look at here

https://www.vintage-motorcycle.com/de/teile/gummis-diverse/bsa-m20-m21-m22-m23-m24-lenkerbefestigungsgummiset-fuer-deluxe-modelle-1937-39

cheers Klaus

What-ho Graham.... This is Jeff's contact adress...im getting a few items from him at the moment for a project!!.. always a gentleman and always quality stuff!! .... Jeffalanhunter@aol.com pip pip Shaun.

email (option): jacko1977pfc@gmail.com

I don't know what Jeff's are like nowadays, but the ones I bought from him for my Speed Twin some years ago were far too soft and squidgy. I eventually got some "doughnuts" punched out from some suitable Neoprene sheeting by a rubber firm in Southampton. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Fair play Ron "speak as you find" and all that but I've been buying from jeff (and previously his dad before jeff took over) for about 20 years and I've usually been happy with the service and products etc....and ,alas,if you cant get hold of him the alternatives are usually kickstart rubbers that last half a dozen kicks or anything that's a " push fit" splits before you know it !!??..most other stuff seems to deteriorate in no time ??.....anyway,just my humble personal opinion... p.s thanks for the last set of handlebars ron....again,quality!!

email (option): jacko1977pfc@gmail.com

Got my set for my 1937 m20 from British only Austria worked very well

email (option): millcrocfarm@gmail.com

Shaun every one of my bikes has rubber parts from Jeff....He knows me well! Where would we be without him. It was more of an observation than a criticism. I spoke to him about the problem I had but he was unable to improve the situation at that time. We all know that modern rubber or whatever it really is, is softer than the older stuff...Hence 30psi in our tyres instead of 18psi. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Many thanks to you all, hopefully, will be sorted soon.

Gray

email (option): grayhowie@sky.com

Nieuwe pagina 1