Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
saddle spring set for Lycette type saddle

I bought a NOS saddle without a cover, but with all the springs installed.

Being 80yrs old, some of the saddle springs had deteriorated and some stretched/broke.

I've managed to salvage some, but will need to source replacement springs.

I can find saddle spring sets on eBay, but not sure what size saddle thry are sized to fit, or what quality.

The saddle I purchased is 12" deep and 14 1/4" wide.

Can anyone suggest a good supplier of saddle spring sets?

I'm not talking about the 2 vertical support springs, but the short and long sets that make up the middle seat portion under the cover.

Cheers

Al

Re: saddle spring set for Lycette type saddle

Some of the sets on ebay will be the low quality springs that are fitted to the cheap Indian made saddles. These are a much better quality.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183492104769?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I agree with Ron. The India-made ones I bought are the right length but they sagged almost immediately, and are basically worthless. I learned that it's always best to buy quality items from a known supplier - one to whom you can complain if things aren't right.

Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

It looks like they can supply garments for those "special" parties too!

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Thanks guys

I just love eBay....Not!

I search for springs and all I get is India and Australia in the results. I actually have to access eBay.com or eBay.co.uk to get other listings on a lot of things.

Simply searching in the eBay app does not show me a lot of the international listings.

I will go through this link provided.

Yes the Indian production is not not quite up to par is it.

I needed the Fork Slider extensions for my G3L and ordered some on eBay from India. The chrome is actually quite good, pity the threaded ends are crooked and the thread is actually super shallow and doe snot screw into the sliders properly. I put it down to a $50 experiment.

Cheers

Al

Well that was disappointing.

Seller does not ship springs to Australia, but apparently he does ship sarongs and teddy bears here. And just to piss me right off, he does not take questions about the springs.

I've sent the seller a generic query and hopefully they will respond.

Searching the eBay app by seller shows only 6 items in his shop, searching the seller by eBay.co.uk shows the springs and 143 items for sale.

Whilst I am waiting, does anyone else have a suggestion who might sell decent saddle springs who ships to Australia?

Cheers

Al

Hi Alun, maybe a forum member in Engeland can buy these springs and send them to you. 🤔

John

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

John

Yes I have thought about that option.

We'll see,

Cheers

Al

Hi you could try bills bikes and bits in Birdwood South Australia.
Cheers Ian

And Mikes Bikes in Qld
Mike usually deals with Gold Stars and the early models used the same springs.
Bill Green Motorcycles. Bill was supposed to have sold out but his add is still in a couple of club magazines but better than average chance he is selling the same indian springs as most of his repo parts seem to come from there.
Then there is Peter Smith, trading as Cobs Classics.
Right now he is probably filling sand bags so I would leave him for a couple of weeks

I'll have a look at these Australian based guys.

I got a response from the UK seller and he uses eBay Global Shipping programme.

One spring $6.00 spring and $28 dollars for postage. yeah nah.

I have relatives over in UK. I may have to ask them to on-post some springs.

Thanks

Al

Nieuwe pagina 1