Comment
Bsa m20 - mainshaft distance washer - 25-4237

Hi
Does any one have dimensions for this distance washer
Br
Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Bsa m20 - mainshaft distance washer - 25-4237

I think that's 24-4237 (not 25-4237)...I'll measure one later today if nobody beats me to it...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

There's a drawing in technical.
http://www.wdbsa.nl/download/BSA%20bearing%20distance%20piece-Model.pdf

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I should have sent some off for heat treatment with the stand parts. Looking at the state of mine I think they need to be a little tougher than mild steel.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

That's 66-660 'Engine shaft distance collar'...John is describing 24-4237 'Gearbox distance washer'....Ian

Mark...I'll take half a dozen if you manufacture some hardened ones...I've always thought that would be a better spec. to prevent the wear that frequently occurs...Ian

Ian Wright
That's 66-660 'Engine shaft distance collar'...John is describing 24-4237 'Gearbox distance washer'....Ian
Silly me!:flushed: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

No problem Ian, but might be a few weeks before I have enough bit the same for heat treatment.
BTW I came up with 24-4237 after hunting the other number.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Hi Ian
Yes it is in fact 24 & not 25 prefix
It’s holding up “production” here now so am looking to see if I can find something in my scrap box to allow me to continue to assemble

I see drags have it listed in st steel - but if I order - it’s still over a week away for delivery to the rock here

If you do have dimensions that would be great
Br
Job

John,

Do you still need details on Mainshaft bearing distance washer, kickstart end 24-4237, let me know and will send it over on quicker means?

Silly question, but this washer, does this fit behind the casing for the bearing and flinger on the inner gearbox case? All the inner casings I have they don't have this part fitted, just the flinger and small bearing?

Any help would be brill.

Thanks

Danny

email (option): burt.danny@yahoo.co.uk

Hi Danny
Still required
If I can’t get it reasonably soon - I will have root out a gearbox that is buried somewhere in the container here
Br
Job

Hi John...The spacer measures up at .126"-.127", so nominally 1/8".......Ian

Thanks Ian.

You beat me to it mate, I have sent John a photo at least lol

Cheers

Danny

email (option): burt.danny@yahoo.co.uk

Hi Ian / Danny
Thanks for your info & photo
I had thought I struck gold earlier as the packing washer looked dimensionally the same as the rear wheel hub bearing sleeve thrust washer - 15-7047
This has correct Id, od but was slightly thicker 3.75mm as opposed to 3.172mm

I dug through the pile here & got to a gearbox at the back of the container - I got a good packing washer out of that - so am good to go at it tomorrow

If you have suitable equipment - I suppose you could modify a wheel washer to suit
Thanks again
Br
Job

Danny, It's not a silly question. The spacer fits on the inside of the cover in the recess, and sits against 24-4236 oil retaining washer, which is fitted from the outside of the cover before fitting the bearing.
The oil flinger washer 24-4235 sits between the spacer and the cluster gear.
I have found different thickness spacers,(only a few thou) so selective assembly may be required, as the thickness affects mainshaft endfloat. Draganfly spacers seem to be 0.118" thick.
I would like to know how effective these oil retaining washers are, because when I put the correct amount of oil in (on the bench), after 24 hours, no oil had come through the bearing! It was only after I span the box up with a drill that I could see the faintest sign of oil in the bearing. Since the tilt of the gearbox is relevant to oil level, I will wait until the box is fitted, and check further. BTW, my gearbox is early hand change, so has different inner and outer covers. I can't find any oil quantity for this gearbox, the book just says fill to within 1/2" below the top of the filler, and seems to be about 280ml.

Nieuwe pagina 1